Decorah Area Chamber of Commerce - Event Information
Fair Labor Standards Act - Lunch and Learn
Member Event Community Event
In this program you iwill learn about the Fair Labor Standards Act; including current minimum wage and overtime requirements as well as changes being implemented as of December 1, 2016. Attendees will also gain an understanding of the executive, administration, professional and outside sales exemptions and the tests utilized to determine the qualification of a position.
Attendees will learn:
- FLSA - Major Provisions and Coverage.
- Hours Worked - Common mistakes of travel,training, on call, and break times - paid or unpaid?
- Overtime Errors to Avoid - Overtime hours and regular rate issues - Most common FLSA violation.
- Independent Contractors - Are they independent contractors or are they really employees?
- Child Labor - What can minors do and when can they work? How to avoid the most common child labor violations.
- FLSA - Common misconceptions - What the FLSA doesn't require.
11:30am Registration, Lunch 12-2pm Program
NICC Wilder Business Center Rm 106 1625 Highway 150 South Calmar, IA 52132