IACCE Job Postings Title:
Six Corners Association seeks a full-time Executive Director
Six Corners Association seeks a full-time Executive Director to provide vision, direction, and leadership in implementing the strategic goals and day-to-day operations of the Six Corners Association.
The Six Corners neighborhood, at the intersection at Milwaukee Avenue, Cicero Avenue, and Irving Park Road, is an iconic retail destination and an economic driver of Chicago’s Northwest Side. In recent years, Six Corners has become known as a creative hub for innovative entrepreneurs and vibrant arts organizations. Six Corners Association’s small-and-mighty, hands-on team fosters the development of a thriving commercial district by mentoring and connecting community-minded businesses, attracting customers, and engaging in intentional planning for the district’s future.
Salaried, full-time, exempt position with occasional evening and weekend
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: Six Corners Association Board of Directors
Directs and manages the overall operations and staff in accordance with the policies and goals established by the Board of Directors; responsible for managing the objectives of the Association’s strategic plan, developing programming, organizational and financial plans, and ensuring effective execution of the annual work plan for the continual growth of the Six Corners commercial district.
Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership & Management:
● Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals; and regular reporting on finances and programs
● Actively engage and energize board members, event committees, volunteers, partnering organizations, and Six Corners community members.
● Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction
● Oversee operations and management of SSA #28. Maintain an understanding of SSA funding and procedures and assist Commission and staff in staying abreast of City policies and regulations. Work with SSA Program Manager to maintain and track SSA budget and coordinate collaborative funding of initiatives between the SSA and the Association
● Develop annual budgets for the Association and SSA, in conjunction with the Executive Board
● Identify, nurture and grow new sources of revenue
● Attend conferences, seminars and agency meetings as required
● Implement master plan, development guidelines, business recruitment priorities, and overall strategic direction for the Six Corners commercial district. Foster district-wide participation and buy-in to plan development
● Engage in community development planning efforts for Six Corners Commercial District, the Portage Park community, and the NW side of Chicago
● Provide support to committees in implementing the Six Corners Master Plan, long-range strategy, and near-term action plans to achieve its mission with consistent and timely progress
● Attract new businesses and developers to commercial district
● Advocate for local business-friendly policy including property taxes, fair and clear business fees and licenses, incidental business taxes, zoning, subsidies
● Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
● Direct staff and committees in determining and executing the design and implementation of initiatives that enhance the community and encourage trade and tourism within the boundaries of the Association’s designated service area
● Coordinate special events designed to support the Association’s work plan projects, membership, and financial goals
● Identify new, innovative programs that advance the Association’s mission
● Implement robust membership retention and attraction programs and ensure that Six
Corners Association offerings are aligned with and responsive to the needs of the membership
● Maintain regular and robust communication with existing and new businesses to sustain
and grow membership, understand member business concerns, encourage active participation in Association programs and committees
● Maintain accurate and updated membership records
● Be the external face of the Six Corners Association and SSA #28, including media appearances and public speaking
● Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups, organizations, and elected officials.
● Publicize in a timely manner the activities of the Association, its programs and goals, and champion the visibility of the Association with the public
● Commitment to the purpose and services of Six Corners Association and SSA #28; knowledge of the Six Corners community
● Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree in urban planning, urban studies, community development, or a related field preferred, or comparable experience in community development, community engagement, urban planning, event planning
● 5+ years in non-profit program, financial management, and budgeting preferred; supervisory and management experience required
● Strong orientation towards community service
● Experience leading a very small, hands-on team. Willingness to participate in all levels of tasks
● Proven capacity for diplomacy and ability to deal with a variety of community input
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
● Strong computer and social media skills. Working knowledge and utilization of Google Docs
● Self-directed, multi-tasking
Six Corners Association is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
The salary range is $55,000 - $60,000. Salary will be determined based on experience and expertise.
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line; Executive Director Position.
Six Corners Association