Job Board Title:
Job Summary: Our client is looking for a Spray Painter to join their team. The Spray Painter will operate spray-painting equipment to apply protective coatings to manufactured items or structures. The Spray Painter will setup equipment, mix materials, prepare surfaces, apply the required number of coatings, measure applied thickness and clean equipment following strict safety guidelines relating to hazardous materials and waste.
• Prepare surfaces to be coated by using various methods abrasive blasting, high pressure water washing or power wire brushing to remove grease, dirt and rust
• Monitor extractors, drying fans and heaters
• Mix chemicals to meet the requirements of the customer
• Spray coatings such as paint, lacquer, enamel, silver or copper solutions onto manufactured products to provide finished surfaces
• Move items to drying areas and unload and stack them for further painting or packaging
• Rub down painted items between coats
• Touch up defective areas of painted items
• Clean nozzles, containers and hoses of machines.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: Starting at $18/hr
Shift: Training will be on day shift for a couple of weeks but then move to a full-time afternoon position. Overtime as needed.
• 3 to 5 years of experience with industrial equipment or automotive spray painting a must
• Experience painting very large items a plus
• High school diploma or GED
• Ability to understand technical specifications, use tape measure and perform basic shop math
• Some fork lift experience a plus
• Comfortable lifting 70 pounds, standing or bent over for long periods of time.
• Wear Personal Protective Equipment (respirators, gloves, safety glasses) for prolonged periods.
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location at www.expresspros.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.
Benefits Available to Express Associates:
• Holiday Pay (6 Days observed)
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Express Employment Professionals
20 Junction Drive West