Classified Ad Title:
Seasonal Snow Plow Attendant
The City of Indianola is currently welcoming applications for the position of Seasonal Snow Plow Attendant.
The City of Indianola (pop. 14,782) is a growing community with a historic downtown, located approximately 15 minutes south of Des Moines. It is a safe community with Midwestern values, friendly people and excellent schools. Indianola, which is home to Simpson College, the world-renowned Des Moines Metro Opera and the National Balloon Museum and U.S. Ballooning Hall of Fame, is known for its excellent access to outdoor activities, a nice trail system, five major parks and two golf courses. The community welcomes thousands of visitors annually who come to Indianola to enjoy major events such as the National Balloon Classic, Bike Night, the Warren County Fair and other events.
The successful candidate will have:
• High school diploma or GED
• Prefer 1 year experience in snow plow and removal
• Must have a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class B with airbrake endorsement
• Good driving record
• Ability to operate equipment such as end loaders, dump trucks and snow plows with salt spreaders
• Availability for on-call shifts, hours could be any time day or night, weekends and holidays; hours are not guaranteed
• Ability to work outdoors during inclement weather
• Ability to lift and carry over 50 pounds
The hourly wage for this position starts at $17.50/hour. Position is a seasonal position. Employment period can vary based on weather conditions but candidates can anticipate November 2019 - April 2020. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer drug screening, background check, physical and physical capacity test. Position is open until filled.
Apply online at: https://indianolaiowa.applicantpro.com/jobs/
The City of Indianola is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need any accommodations during the selection process because of a disability, please notify
City of Indianola
File attached to this ad