Classified Ad Title:
The City of Indianola is currently welcoming applications for the position of a part-time Library Assistant.
The City of Indianola (pop. 14,782) is a growing community with a historic downtown, located approximately 15 minutes south of Des Moines. It is a safe community with Midwestern values, friendly people and excellent schools. Indianola, which is home to Simpson College, the world-renowned Des Moines Metro Opera and the National Balloon Museum and U.S. Ballooning Hall of Fame, is known for its excellent access to outdoor activities, a nice trail system, five major parks and two golf courses. The community welcomes thousands of visitors annually who come to Indianola to enjoy major events such as the National Balloon Classic, Bike Night, the Warren County Fair and other events.
This position is responsible for a number of tasks, including, but not limited to:
• Provide patron assistance with library account functions, issue library cards, collect fees, and address patron account issues.
• Assist patrons with using the library’s digital resources.
• Assist patrons with the operation of office equipment, including email, internet, the library catalog, databases, word processing, and computer applications.
• Sort and shelve library materials according to a classification code.
Minimum requirements include:
• High school graduation or equivalent.
• At least 2 years experience working with the public in a customer service environment.
• Experience with computers and data entry and word processing preferred.
• Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with all library users and maintain a cooperative working relationship with other employees and the general public.
Starting salary is $13.10/hour with some benefits. This is a part-time position that could work 16- 20 hours a week with a schedule that could require work during the work day, at night or on the weekends. This is a non-union classified position. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer drug screening and background check. Position open until filled.
Internal employees should fill out the Internal Job Transfer Application Form to apply.
External candidates can apply through the website at: https://www.indianolaiowa.gov/410/Human-Resources.
The City of Indianola is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need any accommodations during the selection process because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources department at (515) 961-9410 and we will provide appropriate accommodations.
City of Indianola