Spahn & Rose Lumber
1824 Trout Run Road
PO Box 486
Decorah, IA 52101
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- Design and Planning Services
- Building Materials
Fundraisers We Support
- Alzheimer Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Boy Scouts Of America
- Girl Scouts Of America
- Iowa Cattlemen's Association
- Loras College
- Luther College
- March Of Dimes
- National Child Safety Council
- Salvation Army
- Special Olympics
- United Way
Going Green Commitments
- Why go green? Thanks to more efficient heating and cooling, you'll enjoy lower utility bills now and higher resale values later. And who doesn't want a safer, more comfortable environment and a pain-free way to conserve natural resources?
- Earth Friendly and Resource Efficient.
- Once seen as extreme or eccentric, environmentally friendly living spaces are going mainstream. You don't have to strain your budget or your sense of style to choose a healthy home -- these days, it's easy being green. Here's what's new in environmentally friendly products and materials for the home.
- Recycled products are filling the market faster than aluminum cans at a sporting event. Look for rubber and polymer roofing that imitates slate to reduce weight and maintenance. (http://www.certainteed.com/CertainTeed/Building-Responsibly.htm)
- Lumber choices may seem confusing. Avoid products produced from old growth timber or endangered tropical hardwoods. Seek out certified and managed forests, recycled or reclaimed wood (salvaged from riverbeds or old buildings), or composites such as hardwood-veneered MDF (medium-density fiberboard) for doors and cabinets. An early green favorite with architects, fast-growing bamboo makes beautiful, durable flooring. Teragren sells bamboo in random lengths, wide planks, and a new "floating" (non-glued) product.
- Outdoor products have evolved, too. Treated lumber eliminated arsenic for less toxic preservatives. Formed from ground wood fibers and resin, composite decking and railing won't rot or need painting. (http://www.trex.com/whytrex/environmentallyfriendly.aspx/)
- High-performance windows, especially with low-emissivity (low-E) glazings, are among the best-known ways to save energy for heating and cooling. (http://www.andersenwindows.com/)
- Structural Insulated Panels are gaining acceptance for use in walls, floors, and roofs. Panels sandwich a rigid foam core (usually expanded polystyrene) between OSB, or oriented strand board. OSB mixes wood strands made from fast-growing trees with wax and a binder to form mats. These mats are layered across each other for strength, then heat-pressed into panels that makers say save time and energy over stick-built construction.
- Choosing environmentally friendly building materials doesn't have to be the expensive and risky choice. The green building supplies movement has come a long way since its early days and made great gains in lowering costs and raising performance.
- Green Vendors
Hours of OperationMonday through Friday
Spahn & Rose Lumber Co. was organized in 1904 as a retail lumber company with the express goal of providing its customers with knowledgeable employees, excellent service, and a superior quality product mix. The following represents our mission and vision for the past, present and future.
Since 1904, our commitment has been and continues to be a partnership of knowledgeable employees, company, and customers providing quality building materials and value added services for the benefit of our communities.
To develop a relationship between our vendors, customers, employees, and company to become the prominent leader in the building material business through innovative technology and services to benefit our customers and communities.
Selecting and purchasing the proper materials for your project is the first step. The second step is getting them to the job sight. At Spahn & Rose, we understand the importance of keeping your project on schedule. That's why we offer fast, convenient delivery service. Be sure to ask your Spahn & Rose representative about this time saving service!
Shopping around? Spahn & Rose encourages you to give us the opportunity to provide you with comprehensive estimates. You'll find competitive pricing on all ranges of projects — large or small. Please stop by, call, fax or email your needs for a quick, competitive estimate. Please include a name and phone number on your written or electronic requests so we may contact you with any questions we may have.
We like to think of our staff members as more than sales representatives, we like to think of them as project consultants. From product information and recommendations, to building advice and delivery coordination -- our employees are committed to providing you with top notch service before, during and after the sale.
Not everyone is a do-it-yourselfer. Especially when it comes to tricky installations. At Spahn & Rose, our team of professionals can coordinate the installation of a wide range of products -- and at competitive prices. In addition, our commitment to quality products extends to installation. You can rest assured that the quality of your installation will be second to none.
Since 1904, Spahn & Rose Lumber Co. has understood the long term value that quality products provide. By aligning ourselves with the finest in building materials and suppliers, our reputation for excellence continues to grow.
As our mission and vision statements indicate, Spahn & Rose is dedicated to providing our customers with quality products and customer service. We understand that our business is a competitive one, and in order to set ourselves apart from the rest, we need to offer our customers more than just fair prices. Each and every product we sell is carefully evaluated for its quality and durability. Building "quality" communities, that will stand the test of time, begins with quality materials and quality people
Though we aggressively inventory a wide range of products, from time to time, special orders are required. Special orders, large or small, are handled quickly and efficiently. Direct-to-sight delivery options are available. Rest assured, you'll receive quick, efficient service and expert advice.
With the buying power of almost 30 stores, our customers are guaranteed the fairest possible pricing on our entire inventory of products — quality products. Because at Spahn & Rose, buying the best doesn't mean spending the most. Ask about various quality levels and other product options to meet your needs and your budget.
We don't mean to "toot" our own horn -- but our employees are second to none. How many times have you walked into a home improvement "superstore" and found the employee's product knowledge less than "super?" That doesn't happen here. In order to understand your needs, we need to understand our products -- and assist our customers in making the right choices. Spahn & Rose employees are continuously educated on the latest building products and latest building techniques. It's this kind of product knowledge that give our customers confidence and peace of mind.