|Return to Home|
The November 3 rd 2016 Fall Business Mixer at the Phoenicia Diner was a Success!
The Enhanced Recreational Access to the East Branch of the Delaware Stream Cooridor initiative has created the business survey below to seek you input on issues that will help to shape the final outcome of this valuable project. Funded by the NYCDEP through the Stream Management Program administered by the Delaware County Soil & Water Conservation District this project is looking a the East Branch from its headwaters in Grand Gorge through the towns of Roxbury, Middletown and Andes and villages of Fleischmanns and Margaretville. Tributaries which feed into the East Branch are part of the access plan.
You may print this out and return by mail to: CCCC, POBox 605, Margaretville, NY 12455 or go to:
http://www.EastBranchAccess.com where you will find the online link to the survery. Thank you.
Business Survey for opportunities to increase East Branch Enhanced Recreational Access
And NYC/Catskill Reservoirs for Non-Motorized Boating and Fishing
Project Goal: To create and then implement a comprehensive plan to increase public access to the East Branch of the Delaware Stream Corridor and its tributaries in the Towns of Roxbury, Andes, Middletown including the Villages of Margaretville and Fleischmanns. This survey will collect details of public and business interests in gaining access, amenities needed such as rest rooms and most efficient ways to communicate details including maps, website, signage and events. What types of resources would be important? What types of services are needed?
1. Identify your business type:
□ Recreation-based business: outfitter, licensed guide
□ Retail based on outdoor recreation: outfitter, ski shop, bike or boat rentals
□ Restaurant: café, full-service w/bar, pizza
□ Take-out food: packaged meals, snacks
□ Liquor Store
□ Real Estate
□ Destination Resort
□ Camp Grounds
□ Lodging: B&B, Motel, Camp for RV, Hostel
□ Lodging: full-service with meals, activities
□ Service: Gas, Convenience Store
□ Retail: Misc.
□ Professional: Insurance, Banking, Utilities
□ Non-Profit: Regional
□ Grand Gorge
□ Kelly Corners
□ New Kingston
3. Business is Open
□ Retirement Business
□ Seasonal Business
□ Single Operator
□ 1-3 Employees
□ 4-6 Employees
□ Over 7 Employees
o Recreation Related
o Family/Friend Visits
o Event Based
5. Do you have a marketing and advertising budget?
6. If yes, approximately how much do you spend on marketing and advertising annually?
□ $100 - $500
□ $501 - $1,000
□ More than $1,000
7. Who is your target market for advertising?
□ Age Specific
□ Full time Resident
□ Part time Resident
□ Outdoors Market
8. Where do you spend your advertising budget?
□ Print Ads Locally
□ Word of Mouth
□ Group Advertising
□ Direct Mail Campaigns
□ Social Media
□ Mobile Users
9. Do you have time to get to know your customers?
10. If so, has it made a difference in what you offer your customers or changed your business in anyway?
11. Are your customers interested in recreational activities?
12. What recreational activities are they interested in?
□ Kayaking on East Branch Stream
□ Kayaking on the reservoirs
□ Canoeing on East Branch Stream
□ Canoeing on the reservoirs
□ Bird Watching
□ Public Swimming Pools
□ Ponds and Swimming Holes
□ Star Gazing
□ Planned events
□ Scheduled Weekend of Events
□ Scheduled Weekend including lodging and food
□ Guided Activities
□ Family Events
13. What do you think, as a business in the area, is the biggest stumbling block to expanding access for improved outdoor recreation options?
□ Marketing/Advertising to potential tourists
□ Easily found printed material such as maps, brochures
□ Websites related to recreational access
□ Cell-phone connections
□ Lodging and Restaurants
□ Amenities: Public Bathrooms
□ Outfitters: rentals and equipment sales
□ Condition of Roadways
□ Lack of Informational Kiosks
□ Other: __________________________________________________________________________
14. Would you participate in discounted promotional campaign to draw customers to your business that are traveling for recreation in the Catskills?
15. Would you collaborate with other businesses to create a package deal or coupon booklet for outdoor recreation such as lodging, guided services, rentals and meals?
16. Would you be willing and able to offer mid-week specials to increase revenue?
17. Would you offer a seasonal deal such as buy one at regular price, get the next two/three at discount?
18. Give us your top three requests that would help your business grow and benefit from the outdoor recreational access opportunities in and around your town or village along the East Branch Stream corridor.