Business After Hours Program: New Breast Health Center at Heartland Regional Medical Center
Business After Hours: New Breast Health Center at Heartland Regional Medical Center
04:30 PM - 06:30 PM (Central)
Location: Heartland Regional Medical Center: Café and New Breast Health Center
3333 West DeYoung Street, Marion, Il 62959
Heartland Regional Medical Center is proud to announce the opening of our new breast health center, which brings together, the care of skilled specialists along with conveniences that respect women both physically and emotionally. The center offers 3-D digital mammography with remarkable image quality that aides your doctor in making a fast, accurate diagnosis. It also features breast ultrasound, stereotactic biopsy and bone densitometry.
LEAA News Book Signing
Kaye Howell of Marion and a Benton native will have a book signing of her book, "Old Yesterday's and New Tomorrows" at the Buzz on the Benton Square on Thursday, October 29 from 10 :30 -1:30. She will also have ART Prints for sale of some of her art works . Kaye has art and photography on display at the Buzz as well.
Bark & Boo Trunk or Treat
This is a free event open to the community. Bring your kids and pets and come out and enjoy free food and drinks, listen to music, play in the inflatable bounce houses, get treats, and enter to win a raffle prize! Bring your pets! Pet costume contest begins at 3:00 pm with great prizes for the winners!
KRISPY KREME CELEBRATES HALLOWEEN WITH DOUGHNUT DEALS IN MARION IL
The Krispy Kreme Doughnut Factory located at 1307 Halfway Road in Marion, Illinois, will celebrate Halloween with doughnut deals on October 31, 2015.
Truck or Treat
Thank you for participating in the Truck or Treat event on October 31, 2015. The event starts at noon and ends at 5 p.m. Please have your decorated vehicle on the parking lot of Black Diamond no later than 11:00. The event will be held on the front lot.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Massage on Call and Nuzum Education Center for Well Being
A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will be held on Thursday, November 5 at 4:30 p.m. at Massage on Call and Nuzum Education Center for Well Being at 1301 Enterprise Way, Suite 36, in Marion.
11/07/2015 and 11/08/2015
EVENT: Hack SI
DATE: November 7th, 2015 - 9AM to 9PM & November 8th, 2015 - 9AM to 9PM
LOCATION: Dunn Richmond Center | Carbondale, IL
CONTACT: Tom Harness (Sponsor & Hack SI Board Member)
SPONSORS: Liason Technologies, SIU Carbondale, Harness Digital Marketing, JGR, Little Caesars Pizza, The Printing Plant, The Sauced Up Smokers, Nerd Fitness, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, OpenSpace, Skyler Media, & Undergraduate Student Government.
Holiday Bazaar: Flea Market & Craft Sale
The United Way will hold a Holiday Bazaar: Flea Market & Craft Sale on Saturday, November 14 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Marion Centre, 1301 Enterprise Way.
Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee meeting
The Membership Committee meet on the third Tuesday of each month at noon. The location of the meeting varies. Please call the Marion Chamber of Commerce to join the Membership Committee, inquire about the location of the next meeting or if you have any questions.
Marion Chamber of Commerce Marketing Committee meeting
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Marketing Committee meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 8 a.m. at the Chamber office.
Marion Chamber of Commerce Legislative Affairs Committee meeting
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Legislative Affairs Committee meeting is held on the third Thurday of each month at 8 a.m. at South Porte Bank.
International Trade Center Workshop
"Finding and Conquering International Sales" is our newest workshop designed to help companies tap into worldwide"Finding and Conquering International Sales" is our newest workshop designed to help companies tap into worldwide markets.
Welcome new members
Modern Office Connections Inc.
Join Date: 10/02/2015Harbory Medical Cannabis Dispensary
Join Date: 10/06/2015Lakenan Insurance of Perryville
Join Date: 10/07/2015D & C Sheet Metal Heating & Cooling
Join Date: 10/13/2015RollnUp Smoke Shop and Liquor
Join Date: 10/19/2015
Here are the latest editions of The Bulletin:
Would you like to sponsor a Monthly Membership Luncheon?
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to to offer to members the sponsorship opportunity at the Monthly Membership Luncheons, held on the second Tuesday of each month (except for January) for $100.
Each Monthly Luncheon will have only one sponsor, and that sponsor is entitled to:
- a logo in the luncheon invitation
- opportunity to speak for up to three minutes at the luncheon, and a table set up by the registration table at the luncheon. The opportunity is limited to one Monthly Luncheon Sponsorship per business per year.
- October - Priority Staffing Group Ltd.
- November - AVAILABLE
- December - Massage On Call
To become a Monthly Membership Luncheon sponsor, email email@example.com with what month you'd like to sponsor or call the Chamber at (618) 997-6311.
Send a Member eBlast!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to send promotional eBlasts once a week on behalf of members as a member benefit for $50. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member eBlast once a month. Click here
for the form.
Promote your business to New Chamber Members!
Each month, the Marion Chamber of Commerce averages 10-15 new voting members.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
- The Marion Chamber is in need of your business’ goodies to distribute to all of our new voting members. Do you have cups, koozies, stress balls, coupons, fun trinkets, etc. that you would like to be presented to all new voting members at the Chamber in their new member gift bag? During each New Member Quarterly Luncheon, members of the Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee meet with new members from the past quarter to go over their new member packets and give them a gift bag filled with goodies from our members to welcome them to the Chamber. Call or email the Chamber to include your business in the goodie bags today!
- Do you have great discounts to offer other Chamber members? We can include you in our Member-to-Member Discounts! Click here to see who is already giving discounts to Marion Chamber of Commerce members. Call or email the Chamber today to start listing your Member-to-Member Discounts.
- Do you want to offer a “thank you for joining the Marion Chamber Team” discount to only new Chamber voting members? We can include your coupon or discount in all new voting members’ packets. We already include offers from other members, including discounted advertising rates! We would love to include something from your business in our packets. This is a GREAT way for your business to get noticed by potential new business customers! Call or email the Marion Chamber today to list your new member discounts/coupons today!
Our goal is to promote more business growth and an opportunity for our members to connect. We hope you will take a moment and let us know what you are willing to offer. We have so many great members with top notch products and services, we want to make sure we share the news!
- Submit your events/news: All Marion Chamber of Commerce members can submit their events, press releases, etc. through our Member Management System. To log in, click here.
- Member-to-Member Discounts: Don't forget to check out your member-to-member discounts. Click here to start saving today. To submit your member-to-member discount, go to the Coupon Editor in your Member Management System. To log in to the Member Management system, visit our Web site and click "Member Login" on the top of the homepage.
- Member survey: We would like your feedback! Click here to take the Marion Chamber of Commerce survey.
- Classifieds: Check out our members' classified ads here.
- Sign up for Committees: All Marion Chamber of Commerce members can sign up for Chamber Committees through our Member Management System. To log in, click here. Then, go to "Forms."
- Download the Mobile Chamber App: Useful information at your fingertips. Click here for information on how to download the app today!
Susan Odum presents Shop Local to Business Before Hours group
The Marion Chamber of Commerce held its Business Before Hours event on Thursday, October 22, 2015, at Heartland Regional Medical Center, Classroom 1.
The event began at 7:45 a.m. with a breakfast provided by Heartland Regional Medical Center, networking activity, and a presentation by Susan Odum, Extension Educator on Community Economic Development with the University of Illinois Extension, on Buy Local principles.
Ribbon Cutting and Open House held at Simply David's
A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and Open House was held on Saturday, October 24 at Simply David's at 113 S. Russell Street, Marion.
AISIN Electronics Illinois celebrates 10 years
AISIN Electronics Illinois held a 10 year anniversary celebration on October 23.
Illinois Sees Minimal Job Growth; Eight Metro Areas Lose Jobs
September was the nineteenth month in a row that unemployment rates fell in every metro area while eight metro areas across the state saw job loss compared to a year ago, according to preliminary data released today by the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Business After Hours Program and Ribbon Cutting held at Priority Staffing Group Ltd
In celebration of their 5 year anniversary and Grand Opening, Priority Staffing Group & Payroll Co. Ltd. and Priority Professional Group, Ltd. hosted a Business After Hours Program and a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on Thursday, October 22, starting at 3:30 p.m. at their new location - 712 North Carbon Street, Marion.
Marion Chamber hosts Gov. Rauner
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Legislative Affairs Committee hosted Gov. Bruce Rauner and his discussion in Marion regarding the path forward in Illinois on Wednesday, October 21 at the Marion Cultural and Civic Center.
Chamber Electricity and Natural Gas Buying Group Saves Local Businesses $1.7 Million
The Southern Illinois Chamber of Commerce Electricity and Natural Gas Buying Group will keep an estimated $1.7 million in savings in the local economy during the period of June 2015 to June 2016.
Illinois Business Leader Magazine Oct 2015 Issue Online
The October 2015 issue of the Illinois Business Leader is now available online for Chamber of Commerce members.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony held at Business Resource Group
On Friday, October 9, 2015, Business Resource Group Midwest, located at 809 S. Division St, hosted a Customer Appreciation Reception from 10 a.m. to noon. There was a ribbon cutting at 10:30.
Ribbon Cutting at Harbory Medical Cannabis Dispensary
Harbory Medical Cannabis Dispensary hosted a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the opening of their business in Marion.
Visit SI presents at October Membership Luncheon
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Monthly Membership Luncheon was held on Tuesday, October 13 at noon at Kokopelli.
Williamson County Tourism Bureau CEO, Shannon Johnson, provided an update on tourism in Williamson County and the state.
Priority Staffing Group Ltd was the sponsor of the October Monthly Membership Luncheon.
New Marion Profile Book published
Click the headline of this story to be taken to the online version of the new Marion Profile Book. For a copy of the Marion Profile Book, call or visit the Chamber office.
For more news, click here.
Business After Hours set for November 18 at Roll N Up
To RSVP for the event, click here
Help select Marion's best
Ashley Gott, Chairman of the Board of the Marion Chamber of Commerce, announced that nominations are being accepted for the Chamber’s Annual Awards for Distinguished Member, Citizen of the Year, Lifetime Achievement, and Young Professional Leadership.
To nominate an individual, please fill out this form
- the Annual Awards Nomination Form or call or visit the Marion Chamber of Commerce office to receive the nomination form. All nomination forms must be received by 4:30 p.m. on November 11, 2015. Awards will be presented at the Marion Chamber of Commerce’s 95th Annual Auction and Awards Banquet on Friday, January 15, 2016, at the Pavilion of the City of Marion.
The guidelines for the awards are as follows:
- Distinguished Member: An individual who has shown outstanding community service through loyal, faithful, and unselfish efforts in lasting contribution to our community through the Marion Chamber of Commerce. The recipient of this award must be a voting member of the Marion Chamber of Commerce.
- Citizen of the Year: An individual who has shown significant contribution for the betterment of our community and who has excelled in a field outside of the Chamber.
- Lifetime Achievement: An individual who has demonstrated dedication and achievement in their chosen profession for forty (40) years or more.
- Young Professional Leadership: An individual who demonstrates excellence and initiative in their business or profession and is under the age of 40.
For more information, or a list of past winners, click here
For more information, please call the Marion Chamber of Commerce at (618) 997-6311 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know?
There are many benefits to being a Marion Chamber of Commerce member! Did you know the benefits include:
- If any Marion Chamber of Commerce member would like to have fliers for an upcoming event, announcements, etc. placed at each attendee's seat at the luncheon, please contact the Chamber at 618.997.6311 to arrange for delivery of the fliers prior to the luncheon. Distributing fliers / business cards/ etc. at the Monthly Membership Lunches is free and a part of your Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership!
- As a member, you have access to many discounts provided by other Chamber members. Discounts include radio and newspaper coupons, insurance discounts (commercial and personal), mobile telephone discounts, banking incentives and more! These discounts often cover the cost of membership! Member-to-Member Discounts are located here.
- Rack space is available for you to display your business brochures and business cards for visitors to our office.
- To assist members with their own direct mailings, our mailing list is available on labels to our members for $35 per printed set or free for electronic versions. We do not provide our e-mail list for distribution.
Want to know more about the benefits of being a Marion Chamber member? Click here!
Save on gas and electricity
The Marion Chamber of Commerce and Affordable Gas and Electric have teamed up to offer chamber members this exclusive opportunity to save BIG on their electricity and natural gas bills.
AGE will negotiate a custom, group-discounted price from our partnered suppliers, execute a contract on your behalf, and send you a Transaction Confirmation with a 3 day recession period. If the Transaction Confirmation is not declined, AGE will officially enroll your accounts in the transaction presented for the length of the term designated on the Transaction Confirmation.
- You must be a member of the Marion Chamber of Commerce.
- You must be in an eligible Utility Zone. Accounts serviced by co-ops are not eligible.
- If you are under contract with another Retail Supplier, it must be set to expire within 6 months of submitting this form.
For more information, click here