Welcome New Members
Join Date: 03/03/2016
Edward Jones Investments - Brian McHugh
Join Date: 03/07/2016
UniQue Personnel Consultants
Join Date: 03/10/2016
Pauline King Music
Gerald and Pauline King
Join Date: 03/16/2016
KBSI Fox 23
Join Date: 03/24/2016
Send a Member eBlast!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to send promotional eBlasts once a week on behalf of members as a member benefit for $50. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member eBlast once a month. Click here for the form.
Promote your business to New Chamber Members!
Each month, the Marion Chamber of Commerce averages 10-15 new voting members.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Our goal is to promote more business growth and an opportunity for our members to connect. We hope you will take a moment and let us know what you are willing to offer. We have so many great members with top notch products and services, we want to make sure we share the news!
- The Marion Chamber is in need of your business’ goodies to distribute to all of our new voting members. Do you have cups, koozies, stress balls, coupons, fun trinkets, etc. that you would like to be presented to all new voting members at the Chamber in their new member gift bag? During each New Member Quarterly Luncheon, members of the Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee meet with new members from the past quarter to go over their new member packets and give them a gift bag filled with goodies from our members to welcome them to the Chamber. Call or email the Chamber to include your business in the goodie bags today!
- Do you have great discounts to offer other Chamber members? We can include you in our Member-to-Member Discounts! Click here to see who is already giving discounts to Marion Chamber of Commerce members. Call or email the Chamber today to start listing your Member-to-Member Discounts.
- Do you want to offer a “thank you for joining the Marion Chamber Team” discount to only new Chamber voting members? We can include your coupon or discount in all new voting members’ packets. We already include offers from other members, including discounted advertising rates! We would love to include something from your business in our packets. This is a GREAT way for your business to get noticed by potential new business customers! Call or email the Marion Chamber today to list your new member discounts/coupons today!
Let us put the Spotlight on your Business!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy promote members on the homepage of the Chamber's Web site in the Member Spotlight section for $150.
Note that one Member Spotlight is featured a month. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member Spotlight once a year.
2016 Member Spotlight Schedule:
To grab your spot in the spotlight, email email@example.com or call 618.997-6311 and let us know what month you'd like.
- March - United Way
- April - Bass Tournament Sponsors
- May - Grad Spree Gold Sponsors
- June - Marion Community Day Sponsors
- July - WORKcare.ready.well
- August - AVAILABLE
- September - Gold Scramble Corporate Sponsor
- October - KBSI Fox 23
- November - December - AVAILABLE
- Submit your events/news: All Marion Chamber of Commerce members can submit their events, press releases, etc. through our Member Management System. To log in, click here.
- Member-to-Member Discounts: Don't forget to check out your member-to-member discounts. Click here to start saving today. To submit your member-to-member discount, go to the Coupon Editor in your Member Management System. To log in to the Member Management system, visit our Web site and click "Member Login" on the top of the homepage.
- Member survey: We would like your feedback! Click here to take the Marion Chamber of Commerce survey.
- Sign up for Committees: All Marion Chamber of Commerce members can sign up for Chamber Committees through our Member Management System. To log in, click here. Then, go to "Forms."
- Download the Mobile Chamber App: Useful information at your fingertips. Click here for information on how to download the app today!
Did you know?
There are many benefits to being a Marion Chamber of Commerce member! Did you know the benefits include:
- If any Marion Chamber of Commerce member would like to have fliers for an upcoming event, announcements, etc. placed at each attendee's seat at the luncheon, please contact the Chamber at 618.997.6311 to arrange for delivery of the fliers prior to the luncheon. Distributing fliers / business cards/ etc. at the Monthly Membership Lunches is free and a part of your Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership!
- As a member, you have access to many discounts provided by other Chamber members. Discounts include radio and newspaper coupons, insurance discounts (commercial and personal), mobile telephone discounts, banking incentives and more! These discounts often cover the cost of membership! Member-to-Member Discounts are located here.
- Rack space is available for you to display your business brochures and business cards for visitors to our office.
- To assist members with their own direct mailings, our mailing list is available on labels to our members for $35 per printed set or free for electronic versions. We do not provide our e-mail list for distribution.
Want to know more about the benefits of being a Marion Chamber member? Click here!
Would you like to sponsor a Monthly Membership Luncheon?
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to to offer to members the sponsorship opportunity at the Monthly Membership Luncheons, held on the second Tuesday of each month (except for January) for $100.
Each Monthly Luncheon will have only one sponsor, and that sponsor is entitled to:a logo in the luncheon invitation
opportunity to speak for up to three minutes at the luncheon, and a table set up by the registration table at the luncheon. The opportunity is limited to one Monthly Luncheon Sponsorship per business per year. 2016 Monthly Membership Luncheon Sponsorship Schedule:
To become a Monthly Membership Luncheon sponsor, email firstname.lastname@example.org with what month you'd like to sponsor or call the Chamber at (618) 997-6311.
Would you like to host a BAH?
Have you thought about hosting a Business After Hours event? Schedule yours today!
Business After Hours events are usually held on the fourth Thursday of the month, unless the Chamber member has a special need for a different date or calendar conflicts at the Chamber arise.
The hours for a Business After Hours event are to be determined by the Chamber member. However, 4:30-6:30 p.m. is recommended.
The Business After Hours Program fee is $100.
Email email@example.com, call 997-6311 or fill out this form to schedule your BAH event today! June-July and October-December BAH slots are available!
Chamber responsibilities include:
Chamber member suggestions:
- Promoting the event through all of our communications (newsletter, Web site, social media, Monthly Membership Luncheon announcements, etc.)
- Provide member mailing labels for invitations
2016 Business After Hours Program Schedule:
- Send special invitations to Chamber Members and their customers (must include Chamber logo on printed materials)
- Provide food and beverages at the event
- Provide door prizes at the event
- Make a presentation about your business/organization
- April - Marion Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 4/12
- May - Ike Honda, 5/19
- June - July- AVAILABLE
- August - South Porte Bank, 8/25
- September - Extra Help, 9/8
- October - Banterra Bank, TBD
- November-December - AVAILABLE
Ribbon Cutting at Fusion Boot Camp, 3/31
April Monthly Membership Luncheon, 4/12
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Monthly Membership Luncheon will be held on Tuesday, April 12 at noon at Kokopelli.
The presenter will be representatives from the Williamson CEO Program.
D&C Heating & Cooling is sponsor of the April Monthly Membership Luncheon.
The cost for lunch is $14, payable at the door.
If any Marion Chamber of Commerce member would like to have fliers for an upcoming event, announcements, etc. placed at each attendee's seat at the luncheon, please contact the Chamber at 618.997.6311 to arrange for delivery of the fliers prior to the luncheon.
D&C Heating & Cooling is a local, family owned business that has been serving Southern Illinois since 1962. With over 54 years of experience in the business, we are proud to be a leading Heating and Air Conditioning Company, as well as one of the largest WaterFurnace Geothermal dealers in Southern Illinois.
Business After Hours Program: Marion Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
Business Happy Hour event
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Business Happy Hour event will be held every third Wednesday each month throughout the year from 4:30-5:30 p.m. at Martini Joe's in Marion. All drinks during the Happy Hour will be 1/2 price for all Marion Chamber of Commerce members. There is no charge to attend.
All Marion Chamber of Commerce members are encouraged to attend to unwind, network and share in good company.
The 2016 schedule for the Marion Chamber of Commerce Business Happy Hour events are:
- April 20
- May 18
- June 15
- July 20
- August 17
- September 21
- October 19
- November 16
- December 21
6th annual Marion Chamber Foundation Bass Tournament
Dear Chamber Friend,
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Foundation is sponsoring the 6th annual two-person Bass Tournament at Pyramid Acres Marina on Sunday, April 24. The event is a fundraiser for the Marion Chamber Foundation Scholarship Program.
The tournament fee is $70 per team and optional $10 for Big Bass at 100% pay back. Entries will be limited to the first 150 teams. To register your team, click here.
30% of the entry fees will go toward the Marion Chamber Scholarship Program. The Marion Chamber of Commerce currently offers two scholarships: John A. Logan College One Year Tuition Waiver and a Grad Spree Scholarship. The Marion Chamber of Commerce Foundation awards these scholarships based on the amount of money generated by the fundraising efforts from the previous year.
The tournament also needs volunteers! If you are interested in helping at this year's tournament, please contact the Chamber by phone at 997-6311 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The following time slots are available:
Sponsors of the tournament include: Williamson County Tourism Bureau, Hill Printing, Pyramid Acres Marina, U.S. Angler's Choice and the Marion Chamber of Commerce Foundation. If you would like to be a $100 sponsor of this year's tournament, slots are still available. Please contact Marion Chamber of Commerce Foundation President Ashley Gott by clicking here to become a sponsor.
Please help us spread the word about this year's event!
- Registration: 5 a.m. - 6:30 a.m.
- Check-in: 2-4 p.m.
- Weight recordkeeping: 2:30 - 4 p.m.
Business After Hours Program: Williamson CEO
Member Press Releases
Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War
The Marion VA Medical Center was recently recognized as an official Partner of the Department of Defense Vietnam War Commemoration and will be hosting and participating in events to recognize Vietnam Veterans on Tuesday, March 29th.
Article By: V.A. Medical Center
John A. Logan Summer Honors Institute
Article By: CU #2 Schools - Marion
Terminally Ill Marine Veteran Who Took One Last Ride at Marion VA Has Passed
The family of Vernell Holderfield, along with his VA family and caretakers, want to express their gratitude to all those who came out to honor the Marine Veteran’s last wish on Friday, February 19, 2016. Vernell said it was, “the best day of his life,” surrounded by his friends a
Article By: V.A. Medical Center
Press Release from the Little Egypt Arts Association
Article By: Little Egypt Arts Association
Extra Help, Inc. Named Best in Reliability for Second Consecutive Year
Article By: Extra Help, Inc.
Hiring Security Guards
Article By: Illinois Star Centre Mall
“Building Wellness into Your Worksite” forum
Article By: Southern Illinois Healthcare
Would you or your business consider donating to our auction this year?
The Brehm School Foundation will be holding a silent auction to support students
with learning disabilities at Brehm School, OPTIONS, and around the world via
our innovative programs. The auctions will be held at our 2016 Family Weekend
Celebration at Brehm Preparatory School.
Article By: Brehm School Foundation
Architect Firm Rolls Out Website Highlighting Community Service
Article By: Baysinger Architects, LLC
LEAA Artists of the Month
Article By: Little Egypt Arts Association
One Wife Too Many
Article By: Paradise Alley Players
For more Member Press Releases, click here
Time is running out to purchase a Marion Community Day ad in the SI Miners program
Marion Community Day at Rent One Park is Friday, June 24. The Southern Illinois Miners will be facing off against the Evansville Otters. Show your community spirit and support for Marion Grad Spree this year by attending the game.
As a Chamber member, you have access to deals with the Southern Illinois Miners for Community Day, including the following options to participate:
To register for any of the above options, click here.
- Ad on Marion Community Day page in Miners program - $250
- Advertising space in the Miners game day program (48 home games in the 2016 Season). The dimensions for the ad are: 2.25" wide x 3.75" tall. All ads need to be CMYK. Limited ad space available. Deadline 3/31!
- Ad in program, table and tickets - $350
- Advertising space in the game day program, a display table on the concourse during the game and 12 tickets. The dimensions for the ad are: 2.25" wide x 3.75" tall. All ads need to be CMYK. Limited ad space available. Deadline 3/31!
- Tailgate Party vendor, ad space - $300
- Your business will receive advertising space in the Miners game day program (48 home games in the 2016 Season) and a space to display your business' goods/services at the Marion Community Day Tailgate Party. The Tailgate Party for the Marion Community Day will begin at 4:30 p.m. on the gravel lot of the Rent One Ballpark. The dimensions for the ad are: 2.25" wide x 3.75" tall. All ads need to be CMYK. Limited ad space available. Deadline 3/31!
- Ad in program, table, tickets, Tailgate vendor - $400
- Your business will receive advertising space in the game day program, a display table on the concourse during the game, 12 box tickets and a space to display your business' goods/services during the Tailgate Party. The Tailgate Party for the Marion Community Day will begin at 4:30 p.m. on the gravel lot of the Rent One Ballpark. The dimensions for the ad are: 2.25" wide x 3.75" tall. All ads need to be CMYK. Limited ad space available. Deadline 3/31!
- Business vendor at Tailgate Party - $50
- The Tailgate Party for the Marion Community Day will begin at 4:30 p.m. on the gravel lot of the Rent One Ballpark. To display your business' goods/services at the Tailgate Party, the fee is $50, which includes one parking pass.
- 12 box tickets and a table on the concourse - $125
- Your business will receive 12 box tickets to the game and a display table on the concourse during the game to promote your business and products.
- Tailgate Party vendor, 12 tickets, concourse table - $175
- Your business will receive 12 box tickets to the game, a display table on the concourse to promote your business and products/services during the game and a space to display your business' goods/services at the Marion Community Day Tailgate Party. The Tailgate Party for the Marion Community Day will begin at 4:30 p.m. on the gravel lot of the Rent One Ballpark.
- Tickets to the game - $8/each
- Choose this option if you aren't interested in the business vendor space at the Tailgate Party or a table on the concourse to display your business' goods/services.
- Participate in the Two-Person Bag Tournament - $40/team
- The bag tournament would begin at 5 p.m. The winning team will receive 50% of the registration fees. The cost to register a team for the tournament is $40/team.
Grad Spree needs your help
It’s that time of the year again to make plans for the Marion 2016 Friends For Life Graduation Spree, Thursday, May 12, 2016, a drug- and alcohol-free environment for the graduating seniors and their guests. The cost to provide this event last year was more than $10,000 with the average cost being more than $40 per student. This year we expect more than 300 seniors, their guests and chaperones to attend the event.
Marion Grad Spree would not be possible without the help of our Chamber and community members. We are writing to you today to request donations of funds to help cover the cost of the event and door prize items to giveaway to seniors throughout the night. Any item you can donate will help make this a memorable evening for the seniors.
For businesses and individuals, we have the following sponsorship levels available: Silver-$250, Gold-$500, and Platinum-$1000 or more. Of course, any amount is appreciated. We will honor our Gold & Platinum Sponsors by including their name and link to their Web site in Grad Spree promotional materials, on our website, newsletter and email blasts. A donation statement for your taxes is available upon request. To make a donation, click here, call the Chamber at 997-6311 or e-mail the Chamber at email@example.com.
Volunteers are also needed for Grad Spree. Last year, more than 30 people volunteered to chaperone this annual event. We are anticipating needing at least 30 chaperones again this year. Any time you can volunteer will help make this a memorable evening for the seniors and their guests. Grad Spree will be held from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. on May 12. Chaperons are needed from 9 p.m. until 5:30 a.m. Individuals may sign up to supervise the graduates and their guests all night (9 p.m. report to The HUB, 10 p.m. - 2 a.m. at The HUB, 2-2:30 on bus to SI Bowl, 2:30-4:30 a.m. at SI Bowl, 4:30-5 a.m. on bus to The HUB, 5-5:30 a.m. at The HUB), during signup (9-11 p.m. at The HUB), at The HUB only (9 p.m. - 2:30 a.m) or at SI Bowl only (2 - 5 a.m. at SI Bowl). To sign up to volunteer, click here, download and fill out this form, call the Chamber at 997-6311 or e-mail the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Grad Spree Committee is proud to offer this event to our graduating seniors. We have kept our seniors safe for more than 30 years.
Thank you in advance for your generosity and continued support,
Matt Carnaghi, Harness Digital Marketing
Grad Spree Committee Chairman
Dalus Ben Avi, Executive Director
Marion Chamber of Commerce
Please make your check payable to “Marion Chamber of Commerce Foundation” and mail it today to:
Marion Chamber of Commerce
Attn: Graduation Spree
P.O. Box 307
Marion, IL 62959