Welcome New Members
Susan Willis Photography
Join Date: 08/06/2016Carter & Company Catering
Join Date: 08/18/2016Brawlers Liquors
Join Date: 08/18/2016Huddle House
Join Date: 08/18/2016Preventative Maintenance Repair, LLC
Join Date: 08/21/2016Daily Republican News
Join Date: 08/31/2016ADT Security Services
Join Date: 08/31/2016
Send a Member eBlast!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to send promotional eBlasts once a week on behalf of members as a member benefit for $50. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member eBlast once a month. Click here for the form.
Space available for your business on the Chamber's digital sign!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Marketing Committee members worked together to design and coordinate the construction of the new digital and stone outdoor sign at the Chamber office. The Marion Chamber of Commerce makes the electronic sign available for rent to a wide variety of Chamber members, local businesses, organizations, community groups and residents.
Ads can be up to 2 lines of text with the typical line containing about 18 characters (including spaces). Ads will be displayed twice for 15 seconds each on a 5 minute loop. We allow for a maximum of 10 ads, which means each ad is live on the board 576 times every day and approximately 17,520 times per month. The sign runs 24/7 so your message gets maximum exposure.
For more information or to take advantage of this great opportunity, click here.
Let us put the Spotlight on your Business!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy promote members on the homepage of the Chamber's Web site in the Member Spotlight section for $150.
Note that one Member Spotlight is featured a month. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member Spotlight once a year.
2016 Member Spotlight Schedule:
To grab your spot in the spotlight, email email@example.com or call 618.997-6311 and let us know what month you'd like.
- September - Golf Scramble Corporate Sponsor
- October - KBSI Fox 23
- November - December - AVAILABLE
Promote your business to Chamber Members!
Dear Marion Chamber of Commerce members,
Each month, the Marion Chamber of Commerce averages 10-15 new voting members.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
- The Marion Chamber is in need of your business’ goodies to distribute to all of our new voting members. Do you have cups, koozies, stress balls, coupons, fun trinkets, etc. that you would like to be presented to all new voting members at the Chamber in their new member gift bag? During each New Member Quarterly Luncheon, members of the Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee meet with new members from the past quarter to go over their new member packets and give them a gift bag filled with goodies from our members to welcome them to the Chamber. Call or email the Chamber to include your business in the goodie bags today!
- Do you have great discounts to offer other Chamber members? We can include you in our Member-to-Member Discounts! Click here to see who is already giving discounts to Marion Chamber of Commerce members. Call or email the Chamber today to start listing your Member-to-Member Discounts.
- Do you want to offer a “thank you for joining the Marion Chamber Team” discount to only new Chamber voting members? We can include your coupon or discount in all new voting members’ packets. We already include offers from other members, including discounted advertising rates! We would love to include something from your business in our packets. This is a GREAT way for your business to get noticed by potential new business customers!
- Call or email the Marion Chamber today to list your new member discounts/coupons today!
Our goal is to promote more business growth and an opportunity for our members to connect. We hope you will take a moment and let us know what you are willing to offer. We have so many great members with top notch products and services, we want to make sure we share the news!
Dalus Ben Avi
Marion Chamber of Commerce
2305 West Main Street
Marion, IL 62959
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at PMR
Help select Marion's best! Submit your nominations for the annual Chamber awards
Doug Kimmel, Chairman of the Board of the Marion Chamber of Commerce, announced that nominations are being accepted for the Chamber’s Annual Awards for Distinguished Member, Citizen of the Year, Lifetime Achievement, and Young Professional Leadership.
To nominate an individual, please fill out this form - the Annual Awards Nomination Form or call or visit the Marion Chamber of Commerce office to receive the nomination form. All nomination forms must be received by 4:30 p.m. on November 1, 2016. Awards will be presented at the Marion Chamber of Commerce’s 96th Annual Auction and Awards Banquet on Friday, January 20, 2017, at the Pavilion of the City of Marion.
For more information, or a list of past winners, click here.
The guidelines for the awards are as follows:
- Distinguished Member: An individual who has shown outstanding community service through loyal, faithful, and unselfish efforts in lasting contribution to our community through the Marion Chamber of Commerce. The recipient of this award must be a voting member of the Marion Chamber of Commerce.
- Citizen of the Year: An individual who has shown significant contribution for the betterment of our community and who has excelled in a field outside of the Chamber.
- Lifetime Achievement: An individual who has demonstrated dedication and achievement in their chosen profession for forty (40) years or more.
- Young Professional Leadership: An individual who demonstrates excellence and initiative in their business or profession and is under the age of 40.
For more information, please call the Marion Chamber of Commerce at (618) 997-6311 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business After Hours Program: HireLevel powered by Extra Help
A Business After Hours Program will be held on Thursday, September 8 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at HireLevel powered by Extra Help, 3911 West Ernestine Drive in Marion. The event will include drinks, appetizers, networking and more.
September Monthly Membership Luncheon
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Monthly Membership Luncheon will be held on Tuesday, September 13 at noon at Kokopelli.
The presenter will be Shannon Johnson with the Williamson County Tourism Bureau.
Clearwave Communications the sponsor of the September Monthly Membership Luncheon.
The cost for lunch is $14, payable at the door.
If any Marion Chamber of Commerce member would like to have fliers for an upcoming event, announcements, etc. placed at each attendee's seat at the luncheon, please contact the Chamber at 618.997.6311 to arrange for delivery of the fliers prior to the luncheon.
Based in Southern Illinois, Clearwave Communications offers a full suite of telecommunications services for businesses, including Internet access, private networking and voice solutions. Clearwave is a full-service Internet service provider (ISP) with more than 1,500 miles of fiber, serving businesses and providing Ethernet backhaul to cell sites.
Southern Illinois Regional Chamber Luncheon
The Southern Illinois Regional Chamber Luncheon will be held on Tuesday, September 20 at 11:30 a.m. at the Carterville Community Center. Cory Jobe, director of the Illinois Office of Tourism, will speak about the Eclipse event. All participants must RSVP to their Chamber prior to September 15. Tickets are $12 each and must be paid to the Chamber you RSVP through.
2016 Marion Chamber of Commerce Golf Scramble
The Marion Chamber of Commerce will hold its 32nd annual Golf Scramble on Thursday, September 22, beginning with a noon shotgun start. Lunch will be held from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Dinner will be served from 5-7 p.m. and will include a buffet of chicken, beef, sides and a roll.
Register your four-person teams today! This event has always drawn a big turnout, and team slots will go fast! A four-person team is $500 and an individual golfer is $125. Each golfer will receive: lunch; dinner; a ticket for one free beer, one Gatorade, or two snack items; free specialty drinks available on Chamber Oasis cart; free bottled water on the course in coolers.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Celebrations Event Center
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Doggie Stylez
Business BEFORE Hours at Sam's Club
A Business Before Hours program will be held at Sam's Club, 2709 Walton Way, Marion, on Tuesday, November 15 from 7-9 a.m. featuring breakfast, networking and more.