Let us put the Spotlight on your Business!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy promote members on the homepage of the Chamber's Web site in the Member Spotlight section for $150.
Note that one Member Spotlight is featured a month. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member Spotlight once a year.
Member Spotlight Schedule:
To grab your spot in the spotlight, email email@example.com or call 618.997-6311 and let us know what month you'd like.
Sponsor a luncheon!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to to offer to members the sponsorship opportunity at the Monthly Membership Luncheons, held on the second Tuesday of each month (except for January) for $100.
Each Monthly Luncheon will have only one sponsor, and that sponsor is entitled to:
- a logo in the luncheon invitation
- opportunity to speak for up to three minutes at the luncheon
- a table set up by the registration table at the luncheon.
The opportunity is limited to one Monthly Luncheon Sponsorship per business per year.
Monthly Membership Luncheon Sponsorship Schedule:
To become a Monthly Membership Luncheon sponsor, email firstname.lastname@example.org with what month you'd like to sponsor or call the Chamber at (618) 997-6311.
Send a Member eBlast!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to send promotional eBlasts once a week on behalf of members as a member benefit for $50. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member eBlast once a month. Click here for the form.
Space available for your business on the Chamber's digital sign!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Marketing Committee members worked together to design and coordinate the construction of the new digital and stone outdoor sign at the Chamber office. The Marion Chamber of Commerce makes the electronic sign available for rent to a wide variety of Chamber members, local businesses, organizations, community groups and residents.
Ads can be up to 2 lines of text with the typical line containing about 18 characters (including spaces). Ads will be displayed twice for 15 seconds each on a 5 minute loop. We allow for a maximum of 10 ads, which means each ad is live on the board 576 times every day and approximately 17,520 times per month. The sign runs 24/7 so your message gets maximum exposure.
For more information or to take advantage of this great opportunity, click here.
Promote your business to Chamber Members!
Dear Marion Chamber of Commerce members,
Each month, the Marion Chamber of Commerce averages 10-15 new voting members.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Our goal is to promote more business growth and an opportunity for our members to connect. We hope you will take a moment and let us know what you are willing to offer. We have so many great members with top notch products and services, we want to make sure we share the news!
- The Marion Chamber is in need of your business’ goodies to distribute to all of our new voting members. Do you have cups, koozies, stress balls, coupons, fun trinkets, etc. that you would like to be presented to all new voting members at the Chamber in their new member gift bag? During each New Member Quarterly Luncheon, members of the Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee meet with new members from the past quarter to go over their new member packets and give them a gift bag filled with goodies from our members to welcome them to the Chamber. Call or email the Chamber to include your business in the goodie bags today!
- Do you have great discounts to offer other Chamber members? We can include you in our Member-to-Member Discounts! Click here to see who is already giving discounts to Marion Chamber of Commerce members. Call or email the Chamber today to start listing your Member-to-Member Discounts.
- Do you want to offer a “thank you for joining the Marion Chamber Team” discount to only new Chamber voting members? We can include your coupon or discount in all new voting members’ packets. We already include offers from other members, including discounted advertising rates! We would love to include something from your business in our packets. This is a GREAT way for your business to get noticed by potential new business customers!
- Call or email the Marion Chamber today to list your new member discounts/coupons today!
Dalus Ben Avi
Marion Chamber of Commerce
2305 West Main Street
Marion, IL 62959
p 618.997.6311 f 618.997.4665
Would you like to host a BAH?
Have you thought about hosting a Business After Hours event? Schedule yours today!
Business After Hours events are usually held on the fourth Thursday of the month, unless the Chamber member has a special need for a different date or calendar conflicts at the Chamber arise.
The hours for a Business After Hours event are to be determined by the Chamber member. However, 4:30-6:30 p.m. is recommended.
The Business After Hours Program fee is $100.
Email email@example.com, call 997-6311 or fill out this form to schedule your BAH event today! December 2016 and February - December 2017 BAH slots are available!
Chamber responsibilities include:
Chamber member suggestions:
- Promoting the event through all of our communications (newsletter, Web site, social media, Monthly Membership Luncheon announcements, etc.)
- Provide member mailing labels for invitations
2016 Business After Hours Program Schedule:
- Send special invitations to Chamber Members and their customers (must include Chamber logo on printed materials)
- Provide food and beverages at the event
- Provide door prizes at the event
- Make a presentation about your business/organization
Help select Marion's best! Submit your nominations for the annual Chamber awards
Doug Kimmel, Chairman of the Board of the Marion Chamber of Commerce, announced that nominations are being accepted for the Chamber’s Annual Awards for Distinguished Member, Citizen of the Year, Lifetime Achievement, and Young Professional Leadership.
To nominate an individual, please fill out this form - the Annual Awards Nomination Form or call or visit the Marion Chamber of Commerce office to receive the nomination form. All nomination forms must be received by 4:30 p.m. on November 1, 2016. Awards will be presented at the Marion Chamber of Commerce’s 96th Annual Auction and Awards Banquet on Friday, January 20, 2017, at the Pavilion of the City of Marion.
For more information, or a list of past winners, click here.
The guidelines for the awards are as follows:
- Distinguished Member: An individual who has shown outstanding community service through loyal, faithful, and unselfish efforts in lasting contribution to our community through the Marion Chamber of Commerce. The recipient of this award must be a voting member of the Marion Chamber of Commerce.
- Citizen of the Year: An individual who has shown significant contribution for the betterment of our community and who has excelled in a field outside of the Chamber.
- Lifetime Achievement: An individual who has demonstrated dedication and achievement in their chosen profession for forty (40) years or more.
- Young Professional Leadership: An individual who demonstrates excellence and initiative in their business or profession and is under the age of 40.
For more information, please call the Marion Chamber of Commerce at (618) 997-6311 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Annual Dinner Committee would like to honor those we have lost in the past year who have contributed to the Marion Chamber of Commerce and the Greater Marion area. The tribute will be played during the 96th annual Marion Chamber of Commerce Auction & Awards Banquet.
Please complete this form
about anyone who has contributed to the Marion Chamber of Commerce and/or the Greater Marion area who has passed away since the 2015. You may also call the Marion Chamber at 997.6311 or email email@example.com to submit someone who has passed for the In Memoriam.
Submissions made prior to January 2, 2017, will be included in the In Memoriam tribute played during the 96th annual Marion Chamber of Commerce Auction & Awards Banquet on January 20 at the Pavilion.
While they are gone, they shall not be forgotten.
Business After Hours Program: Banterra Bank, 10-27-16
Vendors wanted for Boo Bash
The Illinois Star Centre Mall will hold its big annual Boo Bash event on Monday, October 31 from 5-8 p.m. If you are interested in displaying your goods/services at a table along the concourse in the mall during that event, the fee is only $20.
Each vendor will have access to electricity if requested and be supplied with a table and chair. Please supply your tablecloth, brochures, etc. Vendors can begin setting up as early as noon. All vendors must be setup by 4:30 p.m. All vendors must have all materials removed from their vendor tables by 8:45 p.m.
Vendor signup requests will be taken until Monday, October 31 at noon, or until all slots are filled. If you are interested or have questions, please call the Illinois Star Centre Mall office at (618) 997-5377. All vendors are welcome!
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Buds 2 Blooms Floral & Gifts, 11-05-16
Monthly Membership Luncheon 11/8
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Monthly Membership Luncheon will be held on Tuesday, November 8 at noon at Kokopelli.
The presenter will be Hospice of Southern Illinois.
is the sponsor of the November Monthly Membership Luncheon.
Candidates for the Marion Chamber Board of Directors election will also be recognized.
The cost for lunch is $14
, payable at the door.
If any Marion Chamber of Commerce member would like to have fliers for an upcoming event, announcements, etc. placed at each attendee's seat at the luncheon, please contact the Chamber at 618.997.6311 to arrange for delivery of the fliers prior to the luncheon.
Minneapolis-based U.S. Bancorp, with $438 billion in assets as of June 30, 2016, is the parent company of U.S. Bank National Association, the fifth largest commercial bank in the United States. U.S. Bank operates 226 branches and employs over three thousand employees within the state of Illinois. We have served the Marion community for over 15 years from our Carbon Street branch.
Ribbon Cutting and Business After Hours Program: Priority Professional Group, 11-10-16
Business BEFORE Hours at Sam's Club
A Business Before Hours program will be held at Sam's Club, 2709 Walton Way, Marion, on Tuesday, November 15 from 7-9 a.m. featuring breakfast, networking and more.
Marion Chamber of Commerce 96th Annual Awards Banquet & Auction to be held January 20
The Marion Chamber of Commerce cordially invites you to attend our 96th Annual Awards Banquet & Auction Friday, January 20, 2017, at The Pavilion.
The event begins at 5:30 p.m. with a Social Hour, sponsored by Mayer Networks
. The Social Hour will feature entertainment by pianist Brock Bertling (sponsored by Clearwave Communications
), beverages, hors d'oeuvres (sponsored by First Southern Bank
) and more. A Signature Drink, sponsored by Joyner Therapy Services
, will be available at no charge for attendees during the Social Hour.
The event will also include a Wine & Spirit Pull, sponsored by Banterra Bank
. During the Social Hour, guests are encouraged to buy a cork for $15 or two for $25 which will have a corresponding number to one of the bottles of wine or spirits on hand. Your business participation by donating a wine or spirit valued at $20 or more to be used in the Wine & Spirit Pull would be very much appreciated. All donations will be accepted through Wednesday, January 4. To donate a bottle or bottles, contact the Chamber or click here
to download the donation form.
A Silent Auction, sponsored by Fifth Third Bank
, will also be held during the Social Hour. For a list of items we have available for the Silent Auction so far, including spectacular trips and sports memorabilia, click here
. We hope you consider making a donation for the banquet's Silent Auction. For more information about how and why to donate, click here
Business Happy Hour now held quarterly!
Welcome New Members
Join Date: 10/13/2016AMVETS Department of Illinois
Join Date: 10/24/2016