- Have you...
- Live2Lead: Southern Illinois, 10-06-17. Early bird ticket prices end 8/8
- Monthly Membership Luncheon, 08-08-17
- Marion Chamber Dish Mob, 08-10-17
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at The Beauty Room, 08-11-17
- New Member Quarterly Luncheon, 08-15-17
- Social Media Webinar #3: How to make social media connect for your business, 08-17-17
- Marion Chamber Lunch & Learn, 08-23-17
- 3rd annual Marion Chamber of Commerce Legislative Summit, 08-25-17
- Marion Chamber Cash Mob, 09-14-17
- Hubfest 2017, 09-23-17
- 33rd annual Marion Chamber of Commerce Golf Scramble, 09-28-17
- Marion Chamber Block Par-tee at Heartland Regional Medical Center, 10-13-17
- Welcome New Members
- Chamber launches Chamber Gift Certificate program
- Let us put the Spotlight on your Business!
- Send a Member eBlast!
- Space available for your business on the Chamber's digital sign AT REDUCED PRICE!
- Would you like to host a BAH?
Welcome New Members
Join Date: 08/02/2017
Chamber launches Chamber Gift Certificate program
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is launching a Chamber Gift Certificate program. Members of the Marion Chamber of Commerce are encouraged to sign up to be a part of the program.
Facts about the Chamber Gift Certificates:
Participation is smart marketing:
- Each certificate is personalized at the buyer’s request
- Certificates can be purchased in any denomination
- It’s the perfect gift! The recipient has a choice of more than 100 places in the Marion area to use their certificate: retail, shopping, car repair, entertainment, dining, etc.
How it works:
- Promotion: The Chamber promotes the program on the Chamber Web site, social media, in the Chamber newsletters and more. Your business name is promoted on every certificate. A special icon is used in the Chamber Directory for all participants, and you are provided a special “Marion Chamber of Commerce Gift Certificates Accepted Here” decal to display at your business.
- Simple and cost-effective: No paperwork, just mail the redeemed certificate to the Chamber. We reimburse you 95% of the face value, in a timely manner. The Chamber keeps 5% to cover supplies, administrative costs and promotions.
- One year expiration date.
How to sign up:
- Marion Chamber Gift Certificate is purchased from the Chamber office.
- Recipient redeems gift certificate using entire amount (no change need be given) to purchase goods or services, choosing from one of the many participating businesses listed on the face of the gift certificate.
- Participating business signs the gift certificate acknowledging redemption.
- Participating business turns in the gift certificate to the Chamber office (via mail or in person) and, within two weeks of receiving the redeemed certificate, the Chamber will issue a reimbursement check for 95% of the face value of each redeemed Gift Certificate.
Let us put the Spotlight on your Business!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy promote members on the homepage of the Chamber's Web site in the Member Spotlight section for $150.
Note that one Member Spotlight is featured a month. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member Spotlight once a year.
Member Spotlight Schedule:
To grab your spot in the spotlight, email email@example.com or call 618.997-6311 and let us know what month you'd like.
Send a Member eBlast!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to send promotional eBlasts once a week on behalf of members as a member benefit for $50. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member eBlast once a month. Click here for the form.
Space available for your business on the Chamber's digital sign AT REDUCED PRICE!
Dear Marion Chamber of Commerce members,
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Marketing Committee members have drastically reduced the cost to advertise on the Chamber's digital sign.
The Marion Chamber of Commerce makes the electronic sign available for rent to a wide variety of Chamber members, local businesses, organizations, community groups and residents.
Ads can be up to 2 lines of text with the typical line containing about 18 characters (including spaces). Ads run twice for 15 seconds each on a 5-minute loop. We allow for a maximum of 10 ads, which means each ad is live on the board 576 times every day and approximately 17,520 times per month. The sign runs 24/7 so your message gets greatest exposure. All ads must be paid in full before the advertisement goes live.
For more information or to take advantage of this great opportunity, click here.
Dalus Ben Avi
Would you like to host a BAH?
Have you thought about hosting a Business After Hours event? Schedule yours today!
Business After Hours events are usually held on the fourth Thursday of the month, unless the Chamber member has a special need for a different date or calendar conflicts at the Chamber arise.
The hours for a Business After Hours event are to be determined by the Chamber member. However, 4:30-6:30 p.m. is recommended.
The Business After Hours Program fee is $100.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 997-6311 or fill out this form to schedule your BAH event today!
Chamber responsibilities include:
Chamber member suggestions:
- Promoting the event through all of our communications (newsletter, Web site, social media, Monthly Membership Luncheon announcements, etc.)
- Provide member mailing labels for invitations
Business After Hours Program Schedule:
- Send special invitations to Chamber Members and their customers (must include Chamber logo on printed materials)
- Provide food and beverages at the event
- Provide door prizes at the event
- Make a presentation about your business/organization
- September, November - December 2017 - AVAILABLE
- Looked into saving money on your electricity and natural gas bills with the Marion Chamber's Electricity and Natural Gas Aggregation. Click here to learn more.
- Found us on: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+?
- Seen or shared our Marion Profile Book? Click here!
- Filled our our Member Survey?
- Completed your Traffic Catcher System? Click here to see who has and to learn more.
- Familiarized yourself with our Member Benefits? Click here to read about them!
- Seen your Member-to-Member Discounts? Click here to save!
- Promoted yourself to Marion Chamber members? Click here to learn more.
- Displayed your "Member of the Marion Chamber of Commerce" window decal at your business? If you need a new decal, click here or email email@example.com.
Live2Lead: Southern Illinois, 10-06-17. Early bird ticket prices end 8/8
will be presented in Southern Illinois
on October 6, 2017 at John A. Logan College in the theater
. The worldwide leadership simulcast event will be hosted by Marion Chamber of Commerce
and is sponsored by Heartland Regional Medical Center. Doors open at 7 am
for registration. Live2Lead
begins at 8 am
and concludes at 2:30 pm
Click on the image below to RSVP.
Monthly Membership Luncheon, 08-08-17
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Monthly Membership Luncheon will be held on Tuesday, August 8 at noon at Kokopelli.
The presenter will be Dr. Randy J. Dunn, the eighth president of the Southern Illinois University System. Dr. Dunn served as president at two other state institutions and was the state superintendent of education, appointed to that role by the Illinois State Board of Education. His career in education includes classroom teaching, serving as principal at two school districts, serving as superintendent for two Illinois school systems, and holding the rank of professor at two universities including SIUC. Dr. Dunn has served on a number of committees, councils and task forces, and he contributes to a variety of scholarly publications.
is the sponsor of the August Monthly Membership Luncheon.
Marion Chamber Dish Mob, 08-10-17
Join the Marion Chamber Dish Mob on August 10 from 7:30-8:30 a.m. at a Marion restaurant. The owners have agreed to offer a 5% discount to all who attend.
Click on the image below to RSVP.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at The Beauty Room, 08-11-17
A Ribbon Cutting ceremony will be held on Friday, August 11 at 2:30 p.m. at The Beauty Room, 928 West Main, inside Melise's Boutique, in Marion.
Click the image to RSVP.
New Member Quarterly Luncheon, 08-15-17
Every quarter the Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee holds a New Member Quarterly Luncheon. This quarter’s New Member Quarterly Luncheon will be held at noon at Buffalo Wild Wings on August 15.
Click here to RSVP
Social Media Webinar #3: How to make social media connect for your business, 08-17-17
Click the image below to RSVP.
Marion Chamber Lunch & Learn, 08-23-17
Eat, learn, discuss & grow!
Raise your leadership and connect with others in a fun learning environment!
The August Lunch & Learn will be held on August 23 from noon - 1 p.m. at Heartland Regional Medical Center, Classroom 1. The topic will be The Empowering Leader: Lunch & Learn with Mike Absher, CEO of Watermark Auto Group.
Mike Absher leads a rapidly growing corporation which operates 7 auto dealership in the Southern Illinois/Western Kentucky region, employs 275 full-time associates, and generates more than $250 million in annual sales.
Click on the image to register.
3rd annual Marion Chamber of Commerce Legislative Summit, 08-25-17
The 3rd annual Marion Chamber of Commerce Legislative Summit will be held on Friday, August 25 at 11:30 a.m. at Kokopelli.
The event will include a buffet-style lunch (cost $20 to Kokopelli), updates by your Legislators, each followed by a Q&A session moderated by a member of your Legislative Affairs Committee, and networking.
Deadline to RSVP is August 18.
Click on the image below to RSVP.
Marion Chamber Cash Mob, 09-14-17
Join the Marion Chamber Cash Mob! The Cash Mob will be held from 10am-3:30 pm on Thursday, September 14
at a Marion business
. The owner has agreed to offer 25-40% off merchandise (some exclusions apply).
Click the image to RSVP.
Hubfest 2017, 09-23-17
Click the image below for more information.
33rd annual Marion Chamber of Commerce Golf Scramble, 09-28-17
Click the image below to register.
Marion Chamber Block Par-tee at Heartland Regional Medical Center, 10-13-17
Click image to learn more.