- Mastermind Lunch Group on The Power of The Other, 09-18-17
- Southern Illinois Regional Chamber Luncheon, 09-19-17
- Hubfest 2017, 09-23-17
- Marion Chamber Lunch & Learn, 09-27-17
- 33rd annual Marion Chamber of Commerce Golf Scramble, 09-28-17
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Quest Fitness, 09-29-17
- Ribbon Cutting, Business After Hours for Tison Wealth Management, 10-05-17
- Live2Lead: Southern Illinois, 10-06-17. Ticket sales END 9/29!
- Marion Chamber Social Mob, 10-12-17
- Marion Chamber Block Par-tee at Heartland Regional Medical Center, 10-13-17
- Shop Southern Illinois is underway!
- New Member Quarterly Luncheon, 11-21-17
- Welcome New Members
- Have you...
- Chamber launches Chamber Gift Certificate program
- Let us put the Spotlight on your Business!
- Send a Member eBlast!
- Space available for your business on the Chamber's digital sign AT REDUCED PRICE!
- Would you like to host a BAH?
- Would you like to sponsor a Monthly Membership Luncheon?
Welcome New Members
Aisin Electronics Illinois, LLC
Join Date: 09/01/2017
Join Date: 09/01/2017
Join Date: 09/11/2017
KFVS - TV Channel 12
Join Date: 09/14/2017
Pastor Michael Nave
Join Date: 09/14/2017
- Looked into saving money on your electricity and natural gas bills with the Marion Chamber's Electricity and Natural Gas Aggregation. Click here to learn more.
- Found us on: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+?
- Seen or shared our Marion Profile Book? Click here!
- Filled our our Member Survey?
- Completed your Traffic Catcher System? Click here to see who has and to learn more.
- Familiarized yourself with our Member Benefits? Click here to read about them!
- Seen your Member-to-Member Discounts? Click here to save!
- Promoted yourself to Marion Chamber members? Click here to learn more.
- Displayed your "Member of the Marion Chamber of Commerce" window decal at your business? If you need a new decal, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chamber launches Chamber Gift Certificate program
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is launching a Chamber Gift Certificate program. Members of the Marion Chamber of Commerce are encouraged to sign up to be a part of the program.
Facts about the Chamber Gift Certificates:
Participation is smart marketing:
- Each certificate is personalized at the buyer’s request
- Certificates can be purchased in any denomination
- It’s the perfect gift! The recipient has a choice of more than 100 places in the Marion area to use their certificate: retail, shopping, car repair, entertainment, dining, etc.
How it works:
- Promotion: The Chamber promotes the program on the Chamber Web site, social media, in the Chamber newsletters and more. Your business name is promoted on every certificate. A special icon is used in the Chamber Directory for all participants, and you are provided a special “Marion Chamber of Commerce Gift Certificates Accepted Here” decal to display at your business.
- Simple and cost-effective: No paperwork, just mail the redeemed certificate to the Chamber. We reimburse you 95% of the face value, in a timely manner. The Chamber keeps 5% to cover supplies, administrative costs and promotions.
- One year expiration date.
How to sign up:
- Marion Chamber Gift Certificate is purchased from the Chamber office.
- Recipient redeems gift certificate using entire amount (no change need be given) to purchase goods or services, choosing from one of the many participating businesses listed on the face of the gift certificate.
- Participating business signs the gift certificate acknowledging redemption.
- Participating business turns in the gift certificate to the Chamber office (via mail or in person) and, within two weeks of receiving the redeemed certificate, the Chamber will issue a reimbursement check for 95% of the face value of each redeemed Gift Certificate.
Let us put the Spotlight on your Business!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy promote members on the homepage of the Chamber's Web site in the Member Spotlight section for $150.
Note that one Member Spotlight is featured a month. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member Spotlight once a year.
Member Spotlight Schedule:
To grab your spot in the spotlight, email email@example.com or call 618.997-6311 and let us know what month you'd like.
Send a Member eBlast!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to send promotional eBlasts once a week on behalf of members as a member benefit for $50. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member eBlast once a month. Click here for the form.
Space available for your business on the Chamber's digital sign AT REDUCED PRICE!
Dear Marion Chamber of Commerce members,
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Marketing Committee members have drastically reduced the cost to advertise on the Chamber's digital sign.
The Marion Chamber of Commerce makes the electronic sign available for rent to a wide variety of Chamber members, local businesses, organizations, community groups and residents.
Ads can be up to 2 lines of text with the typical line containing about 18 characters (including spaces). Ads run twice for 15 seconds each on a 5-minute loop. We allow for a maximum of 10 ads, which means each ad is live on the board 576 times every day and approximately 17,520 times per month. The sign runs 24/7 so your message gets greatest exposure. All ads must be paid in full before the advertisement goes live.
For more information or to take advantage of this great opportunity, click here.
Dalus Ben Avi
Would you like to host a BAH?
Have you thought about hosting a Business After Hours event? Schedule yours today!
Business After Hours events are usually held on the fourth Thursday of the month, unless the Chamber member has a special need for a different date or calendar conflicts at the Chamber arise.
The hours for a Business After Hours event are to be determined by the Chamber member. However, 4:30-6:30 p.m. is recommended.
The Business After Hours Program fee is $100.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 997-6311 or fill out this form to schedule your BAH event today!
Chamber responsibilities include:
Chamber member suggestions:
- Promoting the event through all of our communications (newsletter, Web site, social media, Monthly Membership Luncheon announcements, etc.)
- Provide member mailing labels for invitations
Business After Hours Program Schedule:
- Send special invitations to Chamber Members and their customers (must include Chamber logo on printed materials)
- Provide food and beverages at the event
- Provide door prizes at the event
- Make a presentation about your business/organization
- November - December 2017 - AVAILABLE
- January - December 2018 - AVAILABLE
Would you like to sponsor a Monthly Membership Luncheon?
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to to offer to members the sponsorship opportunity at the Monthly Membership Luncheons, held on the second Tuesday of each month (except for January) for $150.
Each Monthly Luncheon will have only one sponsor, and that sponsor is entitled to:
The opportunity is limited to one Monthly Luncheon Sponsorship per business per year.
- a logo in the luncheon invitation
- opportunity to speak for up to three minutes at the luncheon
- a table set up by the registration table at the luncheon.
The Monthly Membership Luncheon Sponsorship Schedule is:
To become a Monthly Membership Luncheon sponsor, email email@example.com with what month you'd like to sponsor or call the Chamber at (618) 997-6311.
Mastermind Lunch Group on The Power of The Other, 09-18-17
The Marion Chamber of Commerce will host a fourth Mastermind Program on Mondays from noon to 1:15 pm September 18 - November 20 (9 weeks - no class on October 9) at Heartland Regional Medical Center Classroom 1 (downstairs) except for October 16 and November 13 when the group will meet at The HUB. The program will be based on the Wall Street Journal bestseller The Power of The Other by Dr. Henry Cloud. Outstanding performance depends on having the right kind of connections to fuel personal growth and minimize toxic associations and their effects. Presenting a dynamic model of the impact these different kinds of connections produce, Dr. Cloud shows us how to get more from ourselves by drawing on the strength and expertise of others.
Click the image below for more information.
Southern Illinois Regional Chamber Luncheon, 09-19-17
The Southern Illinois Regional Chamber Luncheon will be held on Tuesday, September 19 at 11:30 a.m. at the Carterville Community Center. The event will include recognition of Southern Business Journal's 2017 Leaders Among Us, sponsored by The Southern Illinoisan, and the kickoff of the 2017 Shop Southern Illinois Campaign!
All participants must RSVP to their Chamber prior to September 15. Tickets are $15 each and must be paid to the Chamber you RSVP through prior to the luncheon. Payments cannot be accepted at the door. Please RSVP through one Chamber only.
Click the image below for more information.
Hubfest 2017, 09-23-17
Marion Main Street presents Hubfest 2017 on Saturday, September 23 on the Square in Marion from noon to 10:15 p.m. The event will feature food and merchandise vendors, a bags tournament, games and bounce houses, a photo contest, dunk tank benefiting Marion High School Athletics Program, end-of-the-year Car Show from 5-8 p.m., eating competitions, beer gardens and live music from The Holden Trio from 2-3:45 p.m., Jenny Johnson Band from 4-5:45 p.m., Ivas John Band from 6-8 p.m. and The Great Affairs from 8:15-10:15 p.m.
To register as a vendor, please visit http://bit.ly/2017Hubfest
or download this form
. For vendor guidelines, click here
For more information, visit facebook.com/marionmainstreet or click on the image below.
Marion Chamber Lunch & Learn, 09-27-17
The September Lunch & Learn will be held on September 27 from noon - 1 p.m. at Heartland Regional Medical Center, Classroom 1. The topic will be "See those who we don't see. A life of service!"
Click on the image below for more information.
33rd annual Marion Chamber of Commerce Golf Scramble, 09-28-17
The Marion Chamber of Commerce will hold its 33rd annual Golf Scramble on Thursday, September 28.
There are two flights. The first flight’s registration will be 6:30-7 a.m. with a 7:30 a.m. shotgun start. Coffee and donuts will be served during registration.
The second flight’s registration will be 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. with a 1 p.m. shotgun start.
Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and will include hotdogs and burgers. Each golfer will get 1 lunch ticket, however you can invite guests to join you for $10 for each person.
Register your four-person teams today! This event has always drawn a big turnout, and team slots will go fast!
Individual golfers are $125 and a four-person team is $500. The event includes a "Lucky Umbrella" drawing (for an umbrella filled with lottery tickets), prizes, and more! Registration includes use of the range, green fees, golf cart rental, 1 lunch per golfer, and a chance at great prizes and more!
The drawing for the Million Dollar Hole-in-One shot will take place at 12:45 p.m. Every golfer from the first flight and all golfers from the afternoon flight who have registered by 12:30 p.m. will be entered in the drawing to take the shot.
Sponsorships are also available. These, too, will go fast!
Click the image below to register.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Quest Fitness, 09-29-17
A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will be held on Friday, September 29 at 10 a.m. for Quest Fitness, 505 West College, Marion. An Open House, with appetizers, drinks, tours and networking, will follow until noon.
Click on the image below to RSVP.
Ribbon Cutting, Business After Hours for Tison Wealth Management, 10-05-17
A Ribbon Cutting for Tison Wealth Management will be held on Thursday, October 5 at 4 p.m. at 700 East DeYoung in Marion. A Business After Hours program will follow until 6:30 p.m. The event will include appetizers, drinks, giveaways, entertainment and networking.
Click on the image below to RSVP.
Live2Lead: Southern Illinois, 10-06-17. Ticket sales END 9/29!
will be presented in Southern Illinois on October 6, 2017 at John A. Logan College in the theater. The worldwide leadership simulcast event will be hosted by Marion Chamber of Commerce and is sponsored by Heartland Regional Medical Center. Doors open at 7 am
for registration. Live2Lead
begins at 8 am and concludes at 2:30 pm.
Click on the image below to RSVP.
Marion Chamber Social Mob, 10-12-17
Join the Marion Chamber Social Mob! The next Social Mob will be held from 4-6 p.m. on Thursday, October 12 at a Marion business
. The owner has agreed to offer HALF OFF drinks and appetizers at the event.
Click the image below to RSVP.
Marion Chamber Block Par-tee at Heartland Regional Medical Center, 10-13-17
Marion Chamber of Commerce presents the inaugural Block Par-tee: Community Fest & Bag Board/Putt-putt/Bocce Tournament on Friday, October 13 from 4-8 p.m. at Heartland Regional Medical Center's Serenity Trail.
The event will include food, drinks, prizes, games, vendors, networking and more! Sponsorship opportunities are available.
Click image to learn more.
Shop Southern Illinois is underway!
Fifteen area Chambers of Commerce along with a Main Street program and several regional businesses have teamed up this holiday season in an effort to encourage Southern Illinoisans to do a majority of their holiday shopping in the region, rather than traveling out of the area or shopping online.
The effort, called “Shop Southern Illinois,” features a strong social media presence where residents can learn some of the reasons it is important for Southern Illinoisans to shop locally and where they may pledge to do most of their own holiday shopping in the region by using the hashtag #IBuySI. By making a post or tweet with the #IBuySI hashtag, participants are entered in weekly drawings to win prizes.
A prize package, each with a minimum value of $100, will be given away weekly by the following Chambers of Commerce/Main Street program:
• October 20 –Main Street Golconda
• October 27 - Hamilton County Chamber of Commerce
• November 3 - Metropolis Chamber of Commerce
• November 10 - Union County Chamber of Commerce
• November 17 - Saline County Chamber of Commerce
• November 24 - Perry County Chambers: Pinckneyville and DuQuoin
• December 1 - Williamson County Chambers: Carterville, Herrin and Marion
• December 8 - Nashville Chamber of Commerce
• December 15 - Franklin County Chambers: Benton/West City and West Frankfort
• December 22 - Jackson County Chambers: Carbondale and Murphysboro
• December 29 - Grand Prize
New Member Quarterly Luncheon, 11-21-17
Every quarter the Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee holds a New Member Quarterly Luncheon. This quarter’s New Member Quarterly Luncheon will be held at noon at Tequila's on Tuesday, November 21.
RSVPs are required to ensure enough space is reserved for our gathering. New Member Lunches are held on the 3rd Tuesday, quarterly (February, May, August, and November), and coordinated by the Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee. New members’ lunches will be paid for by the Chamber. We hope to see you there!
Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee members will be on hand to answer all of your questions about the Chamber, its events, committees, member benefits, etc. Feel free to bring your Membership Packet and any questions you may have about the Chamber to the meeting to get your questions answered.
for more information.