- Looked into saving money on your electricity and natural gas bills with the Marion Chamber's Electricity and Natural Gas Aggregation. Click here to learn more.
- Found us on: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+?
- Seen or shared our Marion Profile Book? Click here!
- Filled our our Member Survey?
- Completed your Traffic Catcher System? Click here to see who has and to learn more.
- Familiarized yourself with our Member Benefits? Click here to read about them!
- Seen your Member-to-Member Discounts? Click here to save!
- Promoted yourself to Marion Chamber members? Click here to learn more.
- Displayed your "Member of the Marion Chamber of Commerce" window decal at your business? If you need a new decal, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us put the Spotlight on your Business!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy promote members on the homepage of the Chamber's Web site in the Member Spotlight section for $150.
Note that one Member Spotlight is featured a month. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member Spotlight once a year.
Member Spotlight Schedule:
To grab your spot in the spotlight, email email@example.com or call 618.997-6311 and let us know what month you'd like.
Send a Member eBlast!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to send promotional eBlasts once a week on behalf of members as a member benefit for $50. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member eBlast once a month. Click here for the form.
Space available for your business on the Chamber's digital sign AT REDUCED PRICE!
Dear Marion Chamber of Commerce members,
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Marketing Committee members have drastically reduced the cost to advertise on the Chamber's digital sign.
The Marion Chamber of Commerce makes the electronic sign available for rent to a wide variety of Chamber members, local businesses, organizations, community groups and residents.
Ads can be up to 2 lines of text with the typical line containing about 18 characters (including spaces). Ads run twice for 15 seconds each on a 5-minute loop. We allow for a maximum of 10 ads, which means each ad is live on the board 576 times every day and approximately 17,520 times per month. The sign runs 24/7 so your message gets greatest exposure. All ads must be paid in full before the advertisement goes live.
For more information or to take advantage of this great opportunity, click here.
Dalus Ben Avi
Would you like to host a BAH?
Have you thought about hosting a Business After Hours event? Schedule yours today!
Business After Hours events are usually held on the fourth Thursday of the month, unless the Chamber member has a special need for a different date or calendar conflicts at the Chamber arise.
The hours for a Business After Hours event are to be determined by the Chamber member. However, 4:30-6:30 p.m. is recommended.
The Business After Hours Program fee is $100.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 997-6311 or fill out this form to schedule your BAH event today!
Chamber responsibilities include:
Chamber member suggestions:
- Promoting the event through all of our communications (newsletter, Web site, social media, Monthly Membership Luncheon announcements, etc.)
- Provide member mailing labels for invitations
Business After Hours Program Schedule:
- Send special invitations to Chamber Members and their customers (must include Chamber logo on printed materials)
- Provide food and beverages at the event
- Provide door prizes at the event
- Make a presentation about your business/organization
- November - December 2017 - AVAILABLE
- January - December 2018 - AVAILABLE
Would you like to sponsor a Monthly Membership Luncheon?
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to to offer to members the sponsorship opportunity at the Monthly Membership Luncheons, held on the second Tuesday of each month (except for January) for $150.
Each Monthly Luncheon will have only one sponsor, and that sponsor is entitled to:
The opportunity is limited to one Monthly Luncheon Sponsorship per business per year.
- a logo in the luncheon invitation
- opportunity to speak for up to three minutes at the luncheon
- a table set up by the registration table at the luncheon.
The Monthly Membership Luncheon Sponsorship Schedule is:
To become a Monthly Membership Luncheon sponsor, email email@example.com with what month you'd like to sponsor or call the Chamber at (618) 997-6311.
Chamber launches Chamber Gift Certificate program
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is launching a Chamber Gift Certificate program. Members of the Marion Chamber of Commerce are encouraged to sign up to be a part of the program.
How to sign up:
Facts about the Chamber Gift Certificates:
Participation is smart marketing:
- Each certificate is personalized at the buyer’s request
- Certificates can be purchased in any denomination
- It’s the perfect gift! The recipient has a choice of more than 100 places in the Marion area to use their certificate: retail, shopping, car repair, entertainment, dining, etc.
How it works:
- Promotion: The Chamber promotes the program on the Chamber Web site, social media, in the Chamber newsletters and more. Your business name is promoted on every certificate. A special icon is used in the Chamber Directory for all participants, and you are provided a special “Marion Chamber of Commerce Gift Certificates Accepted Here” decal to display at your business.
- Simple and cost-effective: No paperwork, just mail the redeemed certificate to the Chamber. We reimburse you 95% of the face value, in a timely manner. The Chamber keeps 5% to cover supplies, administrative costs and promotions.
- One year expiration date.
- Marion Chamber Gift Certificate is purchased from the Chamber office.
- Recipient redeems gift certificate using entire amount (no change need be given) to purchase goods or services, choosing from one of the many participating businesses listed on the face of the gift certificate.
- Participating business signs the gift certificate acknowledging redemption.
- Participating business turns in the gift certificate to the Chamber office (via mail or in person) and, within two weeks of receiving the redeemed certificate, the Chamber will issue a reimbursement check for 95% of the face value of each redeemed Gift Certificate.
Ribbon Cutting, Business After Hours for Tison Wealth Management, 10-05-17
A Ribbon Cutting for Tison Wealth Management will be held on Thursday, October 5 at 4 p.m. at 700 East DeYoung in Marion. A Business After Hours program will follow until 6:30 p.m. The event will include appetizers, drinks, giveaways, entertainment and networking.
Click on the image below to RSVP.
October Membership Luncheon, 10-10-17
Click here to register.
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Monthly Membership Luncheon will be held on Tuesday, October 10 at noon at Celebrations Event Center
(click for directions). Buffalo Wild Wings will be catering.
The presenter will be Les O'Dell, executive director of the Carbondale Chamber of Commerce, who will speak about the Shop Southern Illinois program.
First Southern Bank
is the sponsor of the October Monthly Membership Luncheon.
Registration for the event is $12 (payable to the Marion Chamber of Commerce) to those who RSVP prior to noon on October 9. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged. After noon on October 9, the registration fee is $15. Please note that walk-ins will be accepted, however, the walk-in rate is $15.
If you register for an event and are unable to attend, a 24-hour notice is required or you will be invoiced. Note: If you have registered and are unable to attend, you may transfer to a fellow employee without penalty. A refund will only be given to those with a paid registration who cancel more than 24 hours prior to the event.
If any Marion Chamber of Commerce member would like to have fliers for an upcoming event, announcements, etc. given to each attendee at the luncheon, please contact the Chamber at 618.997.6311 to arrange for delivery of the fliers prior to the luncheon.
Marion Chamber Social Mob, 10-12-17
Join the Marion Chamber Social Mob! The next Social Mob will be held from 4-6 p.m. on Thursday, October 12 at a Marion business
. The owner has agreed to offer HALF OFF drinks and appetizers at the event.
Click the image below to RSVP.
Marion Chamber Block Par-tee at Heartland Regional Medical Center, 10-13-17
Marion Chamber of Commerce presents the inaugural Block Par-tee: Community Fest & Bag Board/Putt-putt Tournament on Friday, October 13 from 4-8 p.m. at Heartland Regional Medical Center's Serenity Trail.
The event will include food, drinks, prizes, games, vendors, networking and more! Sponsorship opportunities are available.
Click image to learn more.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Fast Eddie's Karaoke & DJ Show, 10-13-17
A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Fast Eddie's Karaoke and DJ Show will be held on Friday, October 13 at 4 p.m. to kick off the Block Par-tee at Heartland Regional Medical Center's Serenity Trail. Stay after the Ribbon Cutting for the Karaoke Contest and the Block Par-tee!
Click the image below to RSVP.
Shop Southern Illinois is underway!
Fifteen area Chambers of Commerce along with a Main Street program and several regional businesses have teamed up this holiday season in an effort to encourage Southern Illinoisans to do a majority of their holiday shopping in the region, rather than traveling out of the area or shopping online.
The effort, called “Shop Southern Illinois,” features a strong social media presence where residents can learn some of the reasons it is important for Southern Illinoisans to shop locally and where they may pledge to do most of their own holiday shopping in the region by using the hashtag #IBuySI. By making a post or tweet with the #IBuySI hashtag, participants are entered in weekly drawings to win prizes.
A prize package, each with a minimum value of $100, will be given away weekly by the following Chambers of Commerce/Main Street program:
• October 20 –Main Street Golconda
• October 27 - Hamilton County Chamber of Commerce
• November 3 - Metropolis Chamber of Commerce
• November 10 - Union County Chamber of Commerce
• November 17 - Saline County Chamber of Commerce
• November 24 - Perry County Chambers: Pinckneyville and DuQuoin
• December 1 - Williamson County Chambers: Carterville, Herrin and Marion
• December 8 - Nashville Chamber of Commerce
• December 15 - Franklin County Chambers: Benton/West City and West Frankfort
• December 22 - Jackson County Chambers: Carbondale and Murphysboro
• December 29 - Grand Prize
New Member Quarterly Luncheon, 11-21-17
Every quarter the Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee holds a New Member Quarterly Luncheon. This quarter’s New Member Quarterly Luncheon will be held at noon at Tequila's on Tuesday, November 21.
RSVPs are required to ensure enough space is reserved for our gathering. New Member Lunches are held on the 3rd Tuesday, quarterly (February, May, August, and November), and coordinated by the Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee. New members’ lunches will be paid for by the Chamber. We hope to see you there!
Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee members will be on hand to answer all of your questions about the Chamber, its events, committees, member benefits, etc. Feel free to bring your Membership Packet and any questions you may have about the Chamber to the meeting to get your questions answered.
for more information.
Business After Hours program: eLaunch Williamson County, 10-26-17
eLaunch Williamson County will host a Business After Hours program at Veterans Airport Main Terminal on Thursday, October 26 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Learn about eLaunch Williamson County, meet students, alumni, investors and board members, and enjoy refreshments.
Click on the image below to RSVP.
Welcome New Members
GFI Digital, Inc.
Join Date: 10/02/2017Midwest Music Supply
Join Date: 10/02/2017Integrated Health of Southern Illinois
Join Date: 10/03/2017