- Grad Spree needs YOUR help!
- New Member Quarterly Luncheon, 05-15-18
- Marion Main Street's Smoke on Main Street Rib Cook-off, 05-19-18
- Ribbon Cutting and Open House for Hybrid Clinic on The Hill, 05-22-18
- Ribbon Cutting and Open House for Basi, Basi, Henson & Associates, 05-23-18
- May Lunch & Learn: Communicating Well is Connecting Well, 05-23-18
- Business After Hours program at Priority Staffing Group, 05-24-18
- Grand Re-opening & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for McDonalds on DeYoung, 06-07-18
- Marion Chamber Golf Fun Day - 06/08/18
- Attorney General Candidate Presentation: Erika Harold, 06-11-18
- Ribbon Cutting and Open House for Marion Cultural & Civic Center, 06-12-18
- Southern Illinois Energy Efficiency Lunch & Learn, 06-13-18
- Marion Chamber Social Mob, 06-14-18
- Marion Community Day - 06/29/18
- Southern Illinois Made Expo, 07-28-18,07-29-18
- Live2Lead: Southern Illinois 2018 early bird tickets on sale NOW!
- 4th annual Marion Chamber Legislative Summit, 08-24-18
- 10th annual Marion Main Street Hubfest, 09-22-18
- Have you...
- Welcome New Members!
- Would you like to host a BAH?
- Let us put the Spotlight on your Business!
- Space available for your business on the Chamber's digital sign AT REDUCED PRICE!
- Send a Member eBlast!
- Looked into saving money on your electricity and natural gas bills with the Marion Chamber's Electricity and Natural Gas Aggregation. Click here to learn more.
- Found us on: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+?
- The Marion Chamber of Commerce has teamed up with AES Solar to offer Chamber members an exclusive opportunity to receive a 15% equipment discount. Click here to learn more.
- Seen or shared our Marion Profile Book? Click here!
- Filled our our Member Survey?
- Completed your Traffic Catcher System? Click here to see who has and to learn more.
- Familiarized yourself with our Member Benefits? Click here to read about them!
- Seen your Member-to-Member Discounts? Click here to save!
- Promoted yourself to Marion Chamber members? Click here to learn more.
- Displayed your "Member of the Marion Chamber of Commerce" window decal at your business? If you need a new decal, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome New Members!
Kre8ive Fine Arts Academy
Join Date: 05/06/2018
Would you like to host a BAH?
Have you thought about hosting a Business After Hours event? Schedule yours today!
Business After Hours events are usually held on the fourth Thursday of the month, unless the Chamber member has a special need for a different date or calendar conflicts at the Chamber arise.
The hours for a Business After Hours event are to be determined by the Chamber member. However, 4:30-6:30 p.m. is recommended.
The Business After Hours Program fee is $100.
Email email@example.com, call 997-6311 or fill out this form to schedule your BAH event today!
Chamber responsibilities include:
Chamber member suggestions:
- Promoting the event through all of our communications (newsletter, Web site, social media, Monthly Membership Luncheon announcements, etc.)
- Provide member mailing labels for invitations
Business After Hours Program Schedule:
- Send special invitations to Chamber Members and their customers (must include Chamber logo on printed materials)
- Provide food and beverages at the event
- Provide door prizes at the event
- Make a presentation about your business/organization
- May - Priority Staffing Group
- June - Legence Bank
- July - AVAILABLE
- August - South Porte Bank
- September - Marion Chamber of Commerce
- October - December - AVAILABLE
Let us put the Spotlight on your Business!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy promote members on the homepage of the Chamber's Web site in the Member Spotlight section for $150.
Note that one Member Spotlight is featured a month. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member Spotlight once a year.
Member Spotlight Schedule:
To grab your spot in the spotlight, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 618.997-6311 and let us know what month you'd like.
- June-December 2018- AVAILABLE
Space available for your business on the Chamber's digital sign AT REDUCED PRICE!
Dear Marion Chamber of Commerce members,
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Marketing Committee members have drastically reduced the cost to advertise on the Chamber's digital sign.
The Marion Chamber of Commerce makes the electronic sign available for rent to a wide variety of Chamber members, local businesses, organizations, community groups and residents.
Ads can be up to 2 lines of text with the typical line containing about 18 characters (including spaces). Ads run twice for 15 seconds each on a 5-minute loop. We allow for a maximum of 10 ads, which means each ad is live on the board 576 times every day and approximately 17,520 times per month. The sign runs 24/7 so your message gets greatest exposure. All ads must be paid in full before the advertisement goes live.
For more information or to take advantage of this great opportunity, click here.
Dalus Ben Avi
Send a Member eBlast!
The Marion Chamber of Commerce is happy to send promotional eBlasts once a week on behalf of members as a member benefit for $50. Slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. A company may only request a Member eBlast once a month. Click here for the form.
Grad Spree needs YOUR help!
You are invited to support...
Grad Spree 2018
Thursday, May 17
10:00 PM - 04:00 AM
SIU Rec Center
300 East Grand Avenue
Carbondale, IL 62901
Click Here to Support as a donor or volunteer!
The Marion Chamber Foundation presents the 2018 Friends For Life Graduation Spree on Thursday, May 17 at the SIU Rec Center.
2018 Grad Spree sponsors:
- The Insurance House
- First Southern Bank
- Aisin Mfg Illinois, LLC
- First Church of God
- J&J Ventures Gaming, LLC
- Bank of Herrin
Click Here to Support
This year, we have many exciting things planned for our graduates. Brian Madrid, a world class hypnotist, will provide a hypnosis show for the seniors. During the show, the volunteers will become the stars of the show with hilarious moments and inspire every person to live life to the fullest. Brian’s past clients include Toyota, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruise Line, Riviera Maya Resorts and Visionary Wealth Advisory.
Also performing during Grad Spree is Raquel, a Nashville, Tenn. based singer and songwriter. Raquel can be found on Facebook: @RRaquelOfficial and on YouTube: bit.ly/RaquelOfficial.
Also, while at the SIU Rec Center, the graduates can participate in: swimming; rock climbing; dodge ball tournament; volleyball tournament; a game room; food (from La Rana Grill food truck), drinks and snacks; and much more! All of this is provided to each Marion High School graduate free-of-charge.
The cost to provide this event last year was approximately $12,000 with the average cost being about $130 per student. Marion Grad Spree would not be possible without the help of our Chamber and community members. We are writing to you today to request donations of funds to help cover the cost of the event and door prize items to giveaway to seniors throughout the night.
For businesses and individuals, we have the following sponsorship levels available: Silver-$250, Gold-$500, and Platinum-$1000+. Of course, any amount is appreciated. We will honor our Gold & Platinum Sponsors by including their name and link to their Web site in Grad Spree promotional materials, on our website, newsletter and email blasts. A donation statement for your taxes is available upon request.
Also, please consider volunteering to chaperone during this year’s Grad Spree. Last year, more than 30 people volunteered to chaperone this annual event. We anticipate needing at least 30 chaperones again this year. Any time you can volunteer will help make this a memorable night for the seniors. Grad Spree will be held from 10:30 p.m. until 4 a.m. on May 17 at the SIU Rec Center. Chaperons are needed from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. Individuals may sign up to supervise the graduates all night (9 p.m. report to Rent One ballpark, 10 p.m. - 4 a.m. at the SIU Rec Center, 4-4:30 a.m. on bus to Rent One ballpark), during signup (9-10:30 p.m. at Rent One ballpark), or at SIU Rec Center only (9 p.m. - 4 a.m). To sign up to volunteer, fill out the this form (or download here), call the Chamber at 997-6311 or e-mail the Chamber at email@example.com.
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Grad Spree Committee is proud to offer this event to our graduating seniors. We have kept our seniors safe for more than 30 years.
Click Here to Support
New Member Quarterly Luncheon, 05-15-18
Every quarter the Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee holds a New Member Quarterly Luncheon. This quarter’s New Member Quarterly Luncheon will be held at noon at Pookie's Burger Bar Bocce, 109 N Madison, Marion, on Tuesday, May 15.
RSVPs are required to ensure enough space is reserved for our gathering. New Member Lunches are held on the 3rd Tuesday, quarterly (February, May, August, and November), and coordinated by the Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee. New members’ lunches will be paid for by the Chamber. We hope to see you there!
Marion Chamber of Commerce Membership Committee members will be on hand to answer all of your questions about the Chamber, its events, committees, member benefits, etc. Feel free to bring your Membership Packet and any questions you may have about the Chamber to the meeting to get your questions answered.
Marion Main Street's Smoke on Main Street Rib Cook-off, 05-19-18
Marion Main Street will host the 5th annual Rib Cookoff in the Marion City Parking Lot between Pookie's and Union Street Pub, starting at 3 p.m. Admission is $5 a person. To compete, fill out an application on Marion Main Street's Facebook page
or download one here
. The event will also kick off the Marion Main Street Car Show, which will be held from 5-8 p.m. on the Square.
Ribbon Cutting and Open House for Hybrid Clinic on The Hill, 05-22-18
Click on the image above to RSVP.
Heartland Regional Medical Group
Proudly announces the Opening of a
Hybrid Clinic on The Hill in Marion
Join Us for an Open House and Ribbon Cutting
Tuesday, May 22nd from 4:00 until 6:00 pm
at 2700 West DeYoung Street in Marion
on The Hill, across from Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, on Halfway Road
Celebrate Marion's first-of-its-kind facility that combines three critical and distinctive service lines in one convenient location:
- Express Care: quality medical care that is convenient and affordable, open daily from 8:30 am until 9:00 pm. No appointment necessary.
- Occupational Medicine: offering a wide range of health services to help employers maintain a healthy, safe workforce while reducing the overall cost of care for companies and employees.
- Family Medicine: Unlike “blended clinics” that only focus on urgent care and occupational health services, Clinic on The Hill’s family medicine clinic allows for the ongoing continuum of care required for the management and treatment of chronic medical conditions.
- Heartland Regional’s new clinic on The Hill will also feature on-site x-ray and imaging and walk-in lab services.
Heartland Regional CEO Melisa Adkins first came up with the idea of opening the specialty, hybrid clinic after collaborating with similar facilities in Knoxville, Tennessee. "Caring is our mission so we are very proud to be the first to offer this level of care in one convenient clinic” Adkins said. “The citizens of Southern Illinois, and visitors to our region, deserve this hybrid clinic and they deserve more than just a ground breaking. I hope everyone can join us for the open house and ribbon cutting on May 22nd
. We have exciting things planned!"
Heartland Regional’s new clinic on The Hill will begin regular operations on Wednesday, May 23rd
For more information please call 618- 969-8633.
Ribbon Cutting and Open House for Basi, Basi, Henson & Associates, 05-23-18
A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Basi, Basi, Henson & Associates is scheduled for Wednesday, May 23 at 4:30 p.m. at 4501 West DeYoung, Marion. An Open House will also be held from 4-6 p.m.
May Lunch & Learn: Communicating Well is Connecting Well, 05-23-18
Eat, learn, discuss & grow!
Raise your leadership and connect with others in a fun learning environment!
The May Lunch & Learn will be held on May 23 from noon - 1 p.m. at Heartland Regional Medical Center, Classroom 1. The topic will be "Communicating Well is Connecting Well: Essentials for Successful Leaders and Speakers"
Dreams come true with the help of others! Imagine you have this wonderful project or company you want to make successful. You have people who work for you that desire to be part of that great adventure. Notice I said part! They are looking to you, their leader to see the vision, chart the course, and give them a valued role if only you would show them how! Come discover three powerful communication tools that will help answer the question: How can I help them become a fulfilled part of this adventure?
The May Lunch & Learn will be presented by Karen Cupp. Karen Cupp is founder and chief facilitator of Karen Cupp Coaching and a certified John Maxwell speaker, trainer and coach. Her mission is to help leaders develop powerful communication skills that enable them to connect their visions with the individuals who will help achieve them.
Admission is $15 per Marion Chamber member ($20 for non-Chamber). Lunch and drinks provided courtesy of Heartland Regional Medical Center.
Contact the Marion Chamber at (618) 997-6311 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your seat or for more information.
Facilitator: Russell Williams, Certified Leadership and Personal Growth Coach, Speaker, and Teacher. For more information, visit EmpowermentMentor.com/RussellWilliams
Sponsored by Heartland Regional Medical Center
Click the image below to RSVP.
Business After Hours program at Priority Staffing Group, 05-24-18
A Business After Hours program will be held on Thursday, May 24 from 4-7 p.m. at Priority Staffing Group, 712 North Carbon, Marion. Let's eat, drink and socialize!
Click the image below to RSVP.
Grand Re-opening & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for McDonalds on DeYoung, 06-07-18
A Grand Re-opening & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will be held on Thursday, June 7, starting at 11 a.m. for McDonalds, 2603 West Deyoung Street, Marion. The event will include an 11 a.m. flag raising and ribbon cutting ceremony and a tour of the new interior, specials on food, introduction of the "experience of the future" with new kiosks, giveaways on the hour and freebies to those in attendance.
Click on the image below to RSVP.
Marion Chamber Golf Fun Day - 06/08/18
Click here to register.
Are you ready for something different? We have something for you!
Marion Chamber of Commerce presents the inaugural Golf Fun Day on Friday, June 8 at Crab Orchard Golf Club. This event is NOT your average golf scramble!
The event will begin with registration at the Clubhouse from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., followed by lunch and cart decorating from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lunch will be catered by Crab Orchard Golf Club and includes hotdogs and brats, pasta salad, chips and drinks.
The cost to play is $75/person or $300/4-person team. Register here. Teams include:
Hotdogs and brats and drinks, as well as all scoreboards will be available at the pavilion (accessible from holes 1, 2, 9, 10 and 12) throughout the entire event.
- Stephen Green for Circuit Judge
- BNI Star Chapter
- Title Professionals, Inc.
- Barcom Security
- First Southern Bank
- Register your team here
Thank you to Clearwave Communications, the event's Loitering Sponsor.
Play begins at 1 p.m.
Chips and salsa and drinks will be available at the pavilion after the event concludes during the award ceremony until 7:30 p.m.
This event is NOT your average golf scramble!
Sponsorship opportunities include:
Click here to register.
- Loitering Sponsor - Clearwave Communications
- Contest Sponsors (All contest hole sponsors will be stationed at their Contest Hole and oversee the contests at their Hole, and their sponsorships will include hole sponsor recognition and sign, your company/organization set up at the hole assigned to promote your goods/services during the event, use of one cart during the event, and 1 free lunch ticket):
- Hole 1 - Water balloons: $150
- Hole 2 - Best Themed Team/Best Appearing Crew: HireLevel
- Hole 3 - Hit from the Throne: Banterra Bank
- Hole 4 - Most Team Spirit: My Michelle's Photography
- Hole 5 - Tennis ball long drive challenge: Priority Staffing Group
- Hole 6 - Random Club Challenge: $150
- Hole 7 - Best Decorated Cart: $150
- Hole 9 - Elimination Hole: $150
- Hole 11 - Worst drive: $150
- Hole 13 - Putt Trifecta: $150
- Hole 14 - Putt Opposite Hand: $150
- Hole 16 - Speed Hole: $150
- Hole 17 - Gopher It: $150
- Hole 18 - Oven Mitts: $150
- Live Hole Sponsors (all live hole sponsorships include hole sponsor recognition and sign, your company/organization set up at the hole assigned to promote your goods/services during the event, use of one cart during the event, and 1 free lunch ticket):
- Hole 8 - $150
- Hole 10 - $150
- Hole 12 - $150
- Hole 15 - $150
- Most Honest/Worst Team Score Sponsor - $150
- The Marion Chamber Golf Scramble Committee will choose the team with the "most honest/worst" score and award that team with a prize. Your sponsorship will go toward the purchase of the prize.
- Lucky Umbrella Sponsor - $150
- Tickets for the “Lucky Umbrella” (umbrella filled with lottery tickets) will be sold at the Registration Table and on the Chamber Cart: one (1) ticket for $5 or 5 tickets for $20. The drawing will be held at the end of the event. Your sponsorship will go toward the purchase of the lottery tickets.
- Registration Table Sponsor - First Southern Bank
- Hole Sponsor - $100
- Sponsorship includes hole sponsor recognition and sign.
- Mulligan Sponsor - $100
- Sponsorship includes sponsor recognition and sign and placement of logo on all Mulligan tickets.
- Heckler Cart Sponsor - $100 (three available)
- Sponsorship includes sponsor recognition and sign on Chamber Cart
- Banterra Bank
Attorney General Candidate Presentation: Erika Harold, 06-11-18
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Legislative Affairs Committee will host an Attorney General Candidate Presentation with Erika Harold on Monday, June 11 at 10 a.m. at the Scout Cabin, 519 Parish Avenue in Ashley Park in Marion. The event is open to members of the Marion Chamber of Commerce. There is no charge to attend.
Born and raised in Illinois, Erika Harold knows that home is worth fighting for. That’s why she’s stepping up to take on Mike Madigan’s political machine.
Illinois is facing grave challenges with financial mismanagement and a political class looking out for themselves. But Erika is used to overcoming challenges – it’s what she’s done her whole life.
As a student attending Illinois schools, Erika knew that education was the ticket to success and a better life. So she drove herself to be the best, graduating Phi Beta Kappa and as a Chancellor’s Scholar from the University of Illinois. When she was blessed with the opportunity to attend Harvard Law School, she was thrown a curveball. She couldn’t afford the tuition But Erika didn’t give up. Lacking the funds to pay for school, she got creative. She decided to compete in the Miss America Organization to attempt to earn the scholarship money necessary to pay for law school. She won. And she used her platform to not only pay for school, but also to give back.
As Miss America 2003, Erika became a national leader in the fight to end youth violence and bullying, sharing with more than 100,000 students her own experience of overcoming bullying. Erika was named one of Fight Crime, Invest in Kids’ “Champions for Children” and received a leadership award from the National Center for Victims of Crime.
Upon graduating from Harvard Law School, Erika worked as an attorney in the litigation groups of Sidley Austin LLP and Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C. Erika represented businesses in commercial disputes and advised religious institutions in matters involving First Amendment protections. She also was active in the law firms’ respective legal education efforts, teaching students about the U.S. legal system as part of the Lawyers in the Classroom program and coaching a team of high school students in the City-Wide Mock Trial Competition. She was also part of the teaching faculty for Harvard Law School’s 2017 Trial Advocacy Workshop. In 2015, the Illinois Supreme Court appointed Erika to serve on the Illinois Supreme Court Committee on Equality.
Erika is also a member of Trinity International University’s Board of Regents, and serves as a Commissioner on the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism. Erika currently serves on the national board of directors of Prison Fellowship, the world’s largest outreach to prisoners and their families. In that capacity, she advocates for criminal justice reform. She was also recently selected to the 2017 Emerging Lawyers list and was recognized in the categories of commercial litigation, civil rights/constitutional law.
Erika Harold works as an attorney at Meyer Capel, one of Champaign County’s largest law firms. She lives in Urbana and is the doting Auntie of one adorable niece and two high-energy nephews.
It’s for their future that Erika is taking on this new challenge and running to be Illinois’ next Attorney General.
The Marion Chamber of Commerce Legislative Affairs is hosting this event and working with Senator Kwame Raoul to schedule a similar event for Marion Chamber of Commerce members later this year. The Legislative Affairs Committee meets on the third Thursday of each month at 8 a.m. at South Porte Bank in Marion. The Marion Chamber of Commerce Legislative Affairs Committee serves as a research and advisory committee for the Chamber’s Board of Directors. The goals of the Legislative Affairs Committee are to monitor governmental matters that could impact the community or local business, present recommendations to the Chamber’s Board of Directors, and to assist in the initiation of the appropriate action. The Legislative Affairs Committee is a non-partisan organization and shall neither endorse candidates for public office nor political parties.
Click on the image below to RSVP.
Ribbon Cutting and Open House for Marion Cultural & Civic Center, 06-12-18
A Ribbon Cutting and Open House for Marion Cultural & Civic Center will be held on Tuesday, June 12 from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Click the image below to RSVP.
Southern Illinois Energy Efficiency Lunch & Learn, 06-13-18
SAVE THE DATE: JUNE 13, 2018
Presented by the Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Program and partnering Chambers of Commerce from southern Illinois
Construction & Workforce Development Building at John A. Logan College
700 Logan College Rd., Room 127 – Carterville
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 | 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Chambers of Commerce from southern Illinois in partnership with Ameren Illinois will be hosting a lunch and learn event on Wednesday, June 13, 2018. You are encouraged to attend this event to learn how your business, organization, or public-sector entity can apply for cash incentives to help pay for part of your next electric or natural gas energy efficiency project.
Reserve your place now for this special event, where you will:
» Find out about the variety of cash incentives available for your business, organization, or public facility
» Discover ways Ameren Illinois customers can reduce costs by completing energy efficiency projects
» Learn how, as a trade business, to get cash incentives for your customers
» Talk to program representatives to answer any of your questions
Millions of dollars in cash incentives are available through Ameren Illinois — learn more and start saving!
There is no cost to attend and lunch will be provided. Space is limited so please RSVP by Friday, June 8 to Diana Fuller at 309.677.5409 or email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Click on the image below to RSVP.
Marion Chamber Social Mob, 06-14-18
Want a FUN way to network with business leaders, coworkers, clients? Join the Marion Chamber Social Mob on June 14 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at a Marion establishment
! There will be several drink specials at the venue.
Join the Marion Chamber Mob! Every quarter, the Marion Chamber invites you to visit a Marion area establishment armed with cash, a smile, and a love of Marion. We call the business ahead of time to let them know they have been chosen as that quarter’s Mob destination, but we won’t let you know where the location is until the day before the Mob.
The Marion Chamber Mob schedule is as follows: March - Dish Mob; June - Social Mob; September - Dish Mob; and December - Social Mob.
Marion Community Day - 06/29/18
Marion Community Day at Rent One Park is Friday, June 29. The Southern Illinois Miners will be facing off against the Gateway Grizzlies. Show your community spirit and support for Marion by attending the game.
Click on the image below for more information!
Southern Illinois Made Expo, 07-28-18,07-29-18
We are excited to invite you to participate in the Southern Illinois Made Expo on Saturday, July 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, July 29 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Read more about it by clicking here
Live2Lead: Southern Illinois 2018 early bird tickets on sale NOW!
Live2Lead will be presented in Southern Illinois on Friday, November 2 at The Pavilion. The exclusive video-on-demand and live leadership training event will be hosted by Marion Chamber of Commerce and is sponsored by Heartland Regional Medical Center and the City of Marion. Doors open at 7:30 am for registration. Live2Lead begins at 8:30 am and concludes at 3:30 pm.
Early Bird Tickets are on sale now through July 31!
Tickets start at $65 per person (for members of Southern Illinois Chambers of Commerce) and can be purchased online through this online form or by downloading this form and mailing/delivering to the Marion Chamber of Commerce (2305 West Main, PO Box 307, Marion, IL 62959). Payment must accompany registration.
- Early bird (May 1 through July 31):
- For members of a participating Chamber of Commerce: $65 each
- Not a member of a participating Chamber of Commerce: $75
- Regular ticket sales (August 1 – October 19)
- For members of a participating Chamber of Commerce: $99 each
- Not a member of a participating Chamber of Commerce: $109
- Late ticket sales (October 20-26)
- For members of a participating Chamber of Commerce: $129
- Not a member of a participating Chamber of Commerce: $139
- No tickets will be sold after October 26.
Click the image below to register.
4th annual Marion Chamber Legislative Summit, 08-24-18
The 4th annual Marion Chamber of Commerce Legislative Summit will be held on Friday, August 24 at 11 a.m. at Kokopelli Clubhouse.
The event will include a buffet-style lunch (served from 11-11:30 a.m. and includes lasagna, extra meat sauce on the side, Italian tossed salad, parmesan bread, chef’s selection of 3 desserts, tea, lemonade, water), updates by your Legislators (beginning at 11:30 a.m. sharp), each followed by a Q&A session moderated by a member of your Legislative Affairs Committee, and networking until 1:30 p.m. The registration fee for this event is $20 for members of the Marion Chamber ($25 for nonmembers), payable to the Marion Chamber of Commerce.
Deadline to register is August 17. Registration required.
If you are running for office and would like a table to interact with the Legislative Summit guests from 11-11:30 a.m. and after the program ends at 1 p.m. until 1:30 p.m., the fee is $150 for members of the Marion Chamber ($200 for nonmembers) and includes 2 lunches. There is limited space available!
Here are a few Legislators who have been invited to attend:
If you register for the event and are unable to attend, a 24-hour notice is required or you will be invoiced. Note: If you have registered and are unable to attend, you may transfer to a fellow employee without penalty. A refund will only be given to those with a paid registration who cancel more than 24 hours prior to the event.
- U.S. Rep. Mike Bost
- U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth
- U.S. Senator Richard Durbin
- 117th District Representative Dave Severin
- Illinois 59th District Senator Dale Fowler
- Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner
- Lieutenant Governor Evelyn Sanguinetti
- Attorney General Lisa Madigan
- Illinois Comptroller Susana A. Mendoza
- Illinois Treasurer Michael W. Frerichs
- Williamson County Commissioners Brent Gentry, Ron Ellis and Jim Marlo
- Marion Mayor Anthony Rinella
The Legislative Affairs Committee meets on the third Thursday of each month at 8 a.m. at South Porte Bank in Marion. The Marion Chamber of Commerce Legislative Affairs Committee serves as a research and advisory committee for the Chamber's Board of Directors. The goals of the Legislative Affairs Committee are to monitor governmental matters that could impact the community or local business, present recommendations to the Chamber's Board of Directors, and to assist in the initiation of the appropriate action. The Legislative Affairs Committee is a non-partisan organization and shall neither endorse candidates for public office nor political parties.
Click on the image below to RSVP.
10th annual Marion Main Street Hubfest, 09-22-18
The 10th annual Marion Main Street HUBFEST will be held on Saturday, September 22 on the square in Marion.
The event will include local food and craft vendors, Dachshund Race, antique car show, beer garden, bag board tournament and live musical performances.
The event begins at noon.
Performing at the 10th annual Marion Main Street HUBFEST will be:
- Sean Hopkins
- Jenny Johnson Band
- Leight July
- Band of Heathens
Admission to the shows are free!
- Noon - Vendors open
- 1 p.m. - Bags registration
- 2 p.m. - Pet Parade registration (until 5 p.m.) and Music begins and Beer Garden opens
- 3 p.m. - Film Fest begins
- 5 p.m. - Car Show begins
- 6 p.m. - Pet Parade
- 8 p.m. - Car Show winners
- 10:30 p.m. - HUBFEST ends
To be a vendor or to stay up-to-date on all HUBFEST activities and announcements, visit Facebook.com/marionmainstreet.