Greater Cayce-West Columbia Job Board - Greater Cayce-West Columbia Chamber & Visitor Center.
Ad Title: Executive Director Position Location: Greater Cayce West Columbia Chamber of Commerce Post Date: 11/09/17 Contact: Cory Harrison City: Cayce State: SC Zip: 29033 Phone (W): (803) 794-6504 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website:visit our website... Description: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Reports to: Chairperson and Board of Directors
Job Description: Full time
Basic Function: The Executive Director is hired by and reports to the Chamber’s Board of Directors and is responsible for a full range of activities, including, but not limited to, the following: promoting the Chamber; driving growth of the Chamber; and event creation and planning.
Skills: Solid written and public speaking skills. Strong administrative and communication skills. Ability to lead others and manage human relations throughout the organization. Strategic planning skills and the ability to work with office team to develop and operate within financial budgets.
Principal Accountabilities: In accordance with Chamber bylaws, policies, and annual performance goals established by the Chairperson, Executive Committee, and Board of Directors, and with appropriate delegation, the President shall:
Promote the Chamber:
1. Serve as a spokesperson for the Chamber in conjunction with the Chairperson, i.e. be a face of the Chamber. Demonstrate professional conduct when representing the Chamber.
2. Attend most signature events and programs of the Chamber and other events throughout the business community as approved/designated by the Executive Committee or Board of Directors.
3. Identify critical issues that may impact the Chamber and its members; advocate as needed and assist the Chairperson in preparation of a statement of Chamber position on public issues.
4. Utilize partnerships with local agencies as appropriate.
Driving growth of the Chamber:
1. Develop and supervise an effective program of membership development including sales, recruitment, membership services, and membership retention.
2. Develop and maintain an effective communications program responsive to the needs of the membership.
3. Effectively use web tools and social media tools to promote the Chamber. Maintain chamber web site and Facebook page for the Chamber and Chamber events. Insure a response to all notifications, messages and questions in a timely manner. Maintain all groups and pages affiliated with GCWCC Facebook pages, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and any other social platforms associated with GCWCC.
4. Present all money-making opportunities to the Board of Directors and keep them informed on the events.
Management of all reports:
1. Work with the Director of Operations to manage the finances of the Chamber. The team should produce financial reports to the CPA and Board, preparing an annual budget and long-range forecasts of financial needs.
2. Provide all necessary information and materials, meeting announcements, newsletter, etc. to inform the Board and membership on appropriate issues.
3. Coordinate with Board Secretary to provide written monthly reports to include minutes, records, documents and seal of the Chamber to the Board of Directors along with recommendations as needed.
4. Serve as secretary to all Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings, write, distribute and maintain accurate minutes, but may delegate such duties to a Chamber staff or Chamber member when desirable.
Management of daily office functions:
1. Be responsible for and have the power to carry out the details of the operation of the organization along the lines of policy and according to regulations prescribed by the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
2. Subject to the approval of the Board of Directors, shall hire all staff personnel, assign their duties, supervise their work and perform annual evaluations.
3. Work with staff to maintain office hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Friday to provide public and member assistance as visitor and public information center.
4. Order appropriate plaques and awards as needed.
1. Assist Board Members and Committee Chair people with coordination of events -- provide supplies, recruit volunteers and work at these events.
2. Obtain sponsors for events as needed. Send thank you letters to sponsors and others in the event this is not handled by the Chairperson.
3. Provide updated information on events for web site.