Greater Cayce-West Columbia Job Board - Greater Cayce-West Columbia Chamber & Visitor Center.
Ad Title: 3rd Helper (2533) Location: Cayce, SC Post Date: 08/07/17 Contact: City: Cayce State: SC Zip: 29033 Phone (W): 803.936.3700 Email: Website:visit our website... Description: Position Overview: To help coordinate all furnace related activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner to optimize Melt Shop production ensuring the production of the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost. Must be able to work a 12 hour rotating schedule.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Responsibilities include but are not limited to: maintaining shop supplies, inspection of the tap gate, furnace refractories and taphole, gunning repairs, tapping the furnace, adding alloy additions, maintaining EAF burners, electrode additions, spray ring and clamp maintenance. The third helper shall support furnace operations using all available resources to ensure the efficient production of high quality low cost steel. Be able to work a 12 hour rotating schedule.
Ad Title: Caster Helper (2478) Location: Cayce, SC Post Date: 08/07/17 Contact: City: Cayce State: SC Zip: 29033 Phone (W): 803.936.3700 Website:visit our website... Description: Position Overview: This individual is responsible for the safe performance of the Caster run-out table, auto torch operations, billet pushers, billet inspection and identification. This individual should also be capable of using hand torches, oxygen lances, monitoring multiple pieces of equipment/controls, and lifting supplies. This individual will ensure that all Caster equipment is functional and collaborate with maintenance personnel for problem analysis and resolution. Must be capable of managing upset conditions, to maintain the safest possible working environment, and to work alone at times. A strong passion for exceptional customer service is a requirement. Must be able to work a 12-hour rotating shift and some holidays.
The employee is responsible for his/her safety and housekeeping throughout the shop.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: * Wear required PPE for each task which will include (but not limited): FR clothing, silver jacket, respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, face shield, leather gloves, metatarsal boots, and additional PPE as required
* Ensure housekeeping of area is performed to keep the C aster clean and maintain a safe working environment
* Responsible for safely performing the Caster Helper position and identifying unsafe conditions and/or acts, and perform safety checks; attend meetings when required
* Visually inspect rolls, torches, withdraws, control panels, spray chamber equipment, gas/oxygen lines, and quality of billets
* Perform minor/routine maintenance or repairs as needed to equipment without the assistance of maintenance personnel
* Assist maintenance personnel when requested/needed
* Suggest improvements in work methods/procedures by communicating ideas with Shift Manager and/or Caster Leadman
Ad Title: Construction Project Managers and Superintendents Location: Columbia, SC and Charleston, SC Post Date: 07/28/17 Contact: Hayley Bowers City: Columbia State: SC Zip: 29223 Phone (W): 803-736-2950 Email:email@example.com Website:visit our website... Description: Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, subcontractors, etc. Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s). Purchase requisitions, change requests, etc. Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required. Maintain and manage project documentation files. Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs. Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required. Perform additional assignments per division management's direction. more info...
Ad Title: Electrician (2550) Location: Cayce, SC Post Date: 08/07/17 City: Cayce State: SC Zip: 29033 Phone (W): 803-936-3700 Website:visit our website... Description: Position Overview: Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking an Electrician to support the Maintenance Department. Employee will be responsible for maintaining electrical equipment and systems to provide dependable equipment to plant operations in an accurate and efficient manner while observing CMC Safety Policies and Procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities • Perform maintenance throughout the mill • Perform equipment repairs • Troubleshoot equipment problems • Perform equipment inspections • Perform additional duties as needed
Ad Title: Loader (2508) Location: Cayce, SC Post Date: 08/07/17 City: Cayce State: SC Zip: 29033 Phone (W): 803-936-3700 Website:visit our website... Description: Position Overview: This position supports the shipping team in accordance with all CMC policies and standard operating procedures with an emphasis on safety. The primary responsibility of the individual will be loading all trucks and railcars correctly while following shipping details and loading instructions. Must be able to work a 12-hour rotating shift and some holidays.
The employee is responsible for his/her safety and housekeeping throughout the shipping area.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: * To execute standard procedures when loading trucks and railcars
* Climb and descend heights of 15-25 ft.
* Communicate well with others in order to build safe stacks and load trucks/railcars efficiently
* Work safely and follow all CMC safety policies when performing job tasks; recognize safety concerns in the shipping area
* Properly read and execute "pick ticket" loading instructions and recognize the distinction between products
* Be attentive to details and maintain high awareness regarding quality
* Able to properly use scanner equipment to scan material into inventory and onto shipment
* Understand inventory processes, warehouse locations and bin layouts
Ad Title: Mill Operator (2546) Location: Cayce, SC Post Date: 08/07/17 City: Cayce State: SC Zip: 29033 Phone (W): 803-936-3700 Website:visit our website... Description: Position Overview Under the direction of the Shift Manager, assists the Roller and Assistant Roller in completing tasks required to roll steel and maintain all Rolling Mill "Hot" area equipment in a safe, clean and efficient manner. This is the entry level position for the Hot area of the Rolling Mill. An employee starting in this position will usually have a limited knowledge of steel manufacturing with the expectation of rapid learning through on the job training. The employee uses all available resources to perform assigned and interpreted duties in a safe and most efficient manner, producing finished products that meet or exceed customer expectations and supports all CMC and Rolling Mill goals.
The employee is responsible for his/her safety and housekeeping throughout the mill.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: * Actively participate in the CMC Safety Programs and proactively uphold the CMC Safety Culture at work and at home.
* Communicate and coordinate with crew members to sustain a quality finished product that meets or exceeds customer expectations and is sustained within ASTM specifications.
* Complete all production processes and tasks while remaining in compliance with the Quality Management System and all ISO procedures and instructions.
* Plan, coordinate, and communicate with peers and supervisors daily to ensure safe operations, preservation of company assets, environmental compliance, cost and energy consciousness, and to promote the values of the CMC People Program.
* Become proficient with measuring equipment and techniques (micrometers, calipers, protractors, bar gauge, etc) and properly use these tools and techniques to assist in building, changing and maintaining stands, guide boxes and loopers and to assist in maintaining proper Rolling Mill settings that ensure a quality product. Be able to properly use tools and equipment in the stand & guide shop and maintain the shop in proper condition. Assist to ensure mill stands and all other equipment are set up in a way to effectively produce a quality product for our customers and minimize change-over time, size-up delays, product yield loss and all other non-value-added activities.
* Become proficient in using all other equipment and tools (crane rigging and operations; torch, grinder and pneumatic tools; other hand tools; Mill Operation Systems, e.g., QMOS, OWS, etc.) to maintain effective Rolling Mill operations.
* Develop a general knowledge with all Rolling Mill systems (charge table, reheat furnace, roll lines, billet welder, stands, guides, loopers, descaler, bar gauge) so as to recognize offset conditions and assist to implement corrective actions, changes or adjustments to maintain effective Rolling Mill operations. Properly perform cleaning and preventive maintenance activities assigned or otherwise necessary for the preservation of equipment and assets.
* Become familiar in recognizing billet defects, removing billet rejects and in marking them for recharge.
* Recommend equipment, systems and process ideas that support continuous improvements regarding safety, bar quality, equipment preservation, reduced non-value-added production time, conversion cost reductions, personnel development or in any other way that makes improvement in the Rolling Mill.
* Be a positive, enthusiastic and passionate team member and representative of the Rolling Mill and CMC Steel South Carolina.
Ad Title: Reliability Technician (2143) Location: Cayce, SC Post Date: 08/07/17 City: Cayce State: SC Zip: 29033 Phone (W): 803-936-3700 Website:visit our website... Description: Position Overview: The primary role of the Reliability Technician is to provide and/or improve asset reliability through utilization of Predictive Maintenance Technologies. Through analysis of data collected using the technologies, he/she will make recommendations based on the health of the equipment tested.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: * Will be ultimately responsible for developing, executing and managing a Predictive Maintenance Program.
* All available predictive technologies: Thermography, Oil Analysis, Vibration, Ultrasonic, etc.
* Work with maintenance staff and technicians to identify where and when to apply different technologies.
* Determine sampling frequency, triggers, routes and methods for maintaining information.
* Takes the initiative to learn the technologies to level necessary to do job effectively.
* Utilize PdM tools to aid in troubleshooting equipment. This includes modifying data collection frequencies, additional testing and the application of advanced analysis techniques.
* Report health of equipment monthly including a plan to monitor any equipment with potential problems. Must be the driver on problems identified by bringing them to the attention of responsible parties along with recommendations for action plans.
* Continue to expand the use of Predictive Technologies throughout the plant. Must look for opportunities to apply PdM technologies to improve equipment reliability.
Ad Title: Shipping Crane Operator (2641) Location: Cayce, SC Post Date: 08/07/17 City: Cayce State: SC Zip: 29033 Phone (W): 803-936-3700 Website:visit our website... Description: Position Overview: The primary responsibility of the individual will be to safely operate the overhead cranes while loading trucks and rail cars as well as moving material from the finishing end of the mill to designated storage areas. The crane operator also assists in moving material throughout warehouses to make room for new material. The crane operator assist with maintaining housekeeping expectations by building straight stacks and keeping spacer bars cleaned up throughout the warehouses . Must be able to work 12-hour rotating shift and some holidays.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: * To work safely and follow all Company safety policies and Department work instruction when performing job tasks Understand all safe crane operating procedures, policies and practices
* Properly conduct crane, cable and chain inspection checklists and properly report discrepancies
* Conduct safe and effective crane operations for mill operations, rail and truck loading or material redistribution
* Maintain a working knowledge of all warehouse storage locations
Ad Title: Welder Fabricator (955) Location: Cayce, SC Post Date: 08/07/17 City: Cayce State: SC Zip: 29033 Phone (W): 803-936-3700 Website:visit our website... Description: Position Overview: Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking a Welder Fabricator to support the Maintenance Shop. The Welder Fabricator will use hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: * Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits. Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
* Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
* Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
* Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
* Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
* Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
* Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
* Check grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometers, calipers, and precision measuring instruments.
* Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
* Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
* Signal crane operators to move large work pieces.
* Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
* Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
* Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained. Weld separately or in combination, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
* Determine required equipment and welding methods, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
* Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
* Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
* Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
* Remove rough spots from work pieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
* Gouge metals, using the air-arc gouging process.
* Guide and direct flames or electrodes on or across work pieces to straighten, bend, melt, or build up metal.
* Estimate materials needed for production and manufacturing and maintain required stocks of materials.
* Position and secure work pieces, using hoists, cranes, wire, and banding machines or hand tools.
* Develop templates and models for welding projects, using mathematical calculations based on blueprint information.
* Clean or degrease parts, using wire brushes, portable grinders, or chemical baths.
* Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torches and hand tools.
* Fill holes, and increase the size of metal parts.
* Cut, contour, and bevel metal plates and structural shapes to dimensions as specified by blueprints, layouts, work orders, and templates, using powered saws, Preheat work pieces prior to welding or bending, using torches or heating furnaces.
* Use fire suppression methods in industrial emergencies.
* Set up and use ladders and scaffolding as necessary to complete work.
* Join parts such as beams and steel reinforcing rods in buildings, bridges, and highways, bolting and riveting as necessary.
* Hammer out bulges or bends in metal work pieces.
* Mix and apply protective coatings to products.
* Dismantle metal assemblies or cut scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment such as flame-cutting torches or plasma-arc equipment. more info...