CSOTFA, District 1 aka Oroville Old Time Fiddlers
Jimi Beeler, President
PO Box 1703
Oroville, CA, 95965-1703
Contact via Email
- Jam Sessions 4th Sunday of each month
- Fiddle Group Workshops 1st & 3rd Monday
- Fiddle Scholarships for young & old
- Provide music for community events
- Group Banjo lessons - 1st Monday
- Group Mandolin lessons - 3rd Monday
- 2015 Contest - March 21st, 22nd & 23rd
- Gospel Jam - Thursday March 19, 2015
- Instruments available for lending
Fundraisers We Support
- Cancer Relay for Life of Oroville
- Salmon Festival
Going Green Commitments
- We are committed to reuse and recycle as much as possible. We take responsibility on our impact of our environment. Let us work together to lessen our carbon footprint as a community.
Hours of OperationAny time is a good time to fiddle around!
Jams the 4th Sunday of each month 2 to 5 p.m. - Admission Free - Public Welcome - Acoustic Instruments
Fiddle Group Workshops the 1st & 3rd Monday of each month 7 to 9 p.m. Admission $2.50 (Museum Fee) - Public Welcome - Acoustic Instruments
AN ORGANIZATION DEDICATED TO
THE PRESERVATION & PERPETUATION OF OLD TIME FIDDLE MUSIC!
MISSION STATEMENT. The California State Old Time Fiddlers’ Association, (CSOTFA), is a California, non-profit corporation & is an IRS 501(c)(3) charitable organization (consisting of 10 districts) formed to educate about & perpetuate fiddling as an art form and cultural treasure.
AS PART OF OUR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT WE PROVIDE:
- Jam Sessions - a place to practice with other musicians
- Workshops - Learn; Techniques ~ How to play with a group ~ To Play solo
- Scholarships for young & old
- Music for Community Events
- Host the Open Fiddle & Picking National Championships