CSOTFA, District 1 aka Oroville Old Time Fiddlers
Jimi Beeler, President
PO Box 1632
Oroville, CA, 95965-1632
Contact via Email
- Jam Sessions 4th Sunday of each month
- Fiddle Group Workshops 1st & 3rd Monday
- Fiddle Scholarships for young & old
- Provide music for community events
- Group Banjo lessons - 1st Monday
- Group Mandolin lessons - 3rd Monday
- 2015 Annual Contest - Mar 21, 22 & 23rd
- Gospel Jam - Thursday March 19, 2015
- Instruments available for lending
Fundraisers We Support
- Cancer Relay for Life of Oroville
Going Green Commitments
- We are committed to reuse and recycle as much as possible. We take responsibility on our impact of our environment. Let us work together to lessen our carbon footprint as a community.
Hours of OperationAny time is a good time to fiddle around!
Jams the 4th Sunday of each month 2 to 5 p.m. - Admission Free - Public Welcome - Acoustic Instruments
Fiddle Group Workshops the 1st & 3rd Monday of each month 7 to 9 p.m. Admission $2.50 (Museum Fee) - Public Welcome - Acoustic Instruments
AN ORGANIZATION DEDICATED TO
THE PRESERVATION & PERPETUATION OF OLD TIME FIDDLE MUSIC!
MISSION STATEMENT. The California State Old Time Fiddlers’ Association, (CSOTFA), is a California, non-profit corporation & is an IRS 501(c)(3) charitable organization (consisting of 10 districts) formed to educate about & perpetuate fiddling as an art form and cultural treasure.
Monthly Jam Sessions ~ Fourth Sunday of each month from 2 to 5 p.m. Public is Welcome! Admission is free ‚Äč(donations are appreciated & tax deductible) HELD AT THE: Feather River Senior Center (FRSCA), 1335 Myers Street, Oroville CA PARTICIPATE IN OUR: Circle Jam or on the Stage ~ Sound Equipment is Provided ~ Backup is Available ~ ANY ACOUSTIC INSTRUMENT IS WELCOME:
~ fiddle ~ guitar ~ banjo ~ bass ~ harmonica ~ mandolin ~ dobro ~ etcetera ~
- Fiddle Group Workshops ~ First & Third Monday of each month from 7 to 9 p.m. we learn to play solo & in groups. HELD AT THE: Bolt Antique Tool Museum, 1650 Broderick Street, Oroville, CA. Admission is $2.50 (Museum Fee). Contact: Jimi Beeler (530) 282-3205
- ‚ÄčBanjo Lessons~FIRST Monday of each month~6:15-6:45 pm
- Mandolin Lessons~THIRD Monday of each month~6:15-6:45 pm
The Old Time Fiddlers are building a Lending Library of Musical Instruments...
If you have a Fiddle..Guitar..Mandolin..Dobro..Banjo gathering DUST consider donating it to the Old Time Fiddlers so we can assist a budding musician in their quest to make music.
AS PART OF OUR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT WE PROVIDE:
- Scholarships for young & old
- Music for Community Events
- Workshops - Learn; Techniques - To play in a group - To play solo
- Jam Sessions - a place to practice