Sylvester – Worth County Chamber of Commerce
“Ask not what your Community can do for you, but WHAT can you do for your Community”
• June 13th – 17th – Moultrie Tech Tifton Summer Campus (Economic Development Building) will be hosting a youth Sumner Camp – Camp Camesapalooza register now! Please call (229) 386-3169 or email: email@example.com Available for K-7th grades Cost: $115 per person. Early drop- off (7:45 AM) and late pick up (5:45 PM) (flyers are available upon request or visit our Facebook page at: Sylvester-Worth Chamber of Commerce)
• June 17: Bike Night - PMS Coffee will be hosting Bike Night starting at 6:30PM to 9:00PM at 104 North Main Street, Sylvester, GA 31791. For more information, please call (229) 854-226 or (229) 777-0507.
• June 18: Piggly Wiggly of Sylvester will be having a TRUCK LOAD SALE!!! This Saturday at 631 East Franklin Street, Sylvester. Hope to see you there!
• June 19: The Atlanta Braves will sponsor a Prostate Cancer Awareness Day - meaning you, as a prostate cancer survivor can:
1) get one FREE ticket to attend the Braves vs. Rangers game on 6/19/11 (1:30p)
2) get one FREE Braves prostate cancer awareness T-shirt
3) be recognized as a prostate cancer survivor in an on-the-field ceremony
4) get FREE field access to a post-game concert featuring Montgomery Gentry
For more information please visit www.braves.com/pcawareness Download the form complete it and fax back by June 15. Please share this information with other prostate cancer survivors and survivor networks. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Matt Pearce at 404-614-1597, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• July 16th – Best Friends Humane Society 1st Annual Golf Tournament hosted at the Pine Knoll Country Club in Sylvester, Georgia. 3 person team Scramble- $200 per team sign from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. There will be a continental breakfast and shotgun start to tournament at 9:00 AM. Team sign in no later than July 14th for more information, please contact Jackie Lackey (229) 776-2139/ (229) 881-9669 or Max Huston or Hank Houston @ Pine Knoll Country Club (229) 776-3455. (flyers are available upon request or visit our Facebook page at:Sylvester-Worth Chamber of Commerce)
• July 18th - Phoebe Worth Medical Center - invites you t a Pictorial Celebration of Worth County. Scenic images from all around Worth County will be on display throughout the hospital on Tuesday, July 18th from 5:30PM to 7:30PM at 807 South Isabella Street. Refreshment will be served.
Georgia Competitiveness Initiative - Regional Meetings
Through the Georgia Competitiveness Initiative, the State is working hard to develop an economic development strategy that will help our state's economy grow and put Georgians back to work.
An important part of this effort will be the input we gather at meetings held in each of the state's economic development regions. Beginning this month, these will be opportunities to hear the results of the recently conducted survey, establish regional priorities, and offer additional ideas and opinions about what should be included in the strategy going forward. Please click the links below for the Regional Meeting Schedule and the Regional Meeting Agenda:
To register to attend one of the regional meetings, please click the link below:
Registration is being facilitated by the University of Georgia Carl Vinson Institute of Government.
The attendance goal is 150 to 200 participants for each meeting, it is encouraged that at least five board members or business leaders to attend the regional meeting from your area.
If you have any questions, please contact Jim Finch, Program Manager, Georgia Competitiveness Initiative at (404) 580-1928 or email@example.com.
• STOP AND SHOP SYLVESTER-WORTH COUNTY. Our local retailers want you to stop in and give them an opportunity to meet your needs throughout the Year 2011. Please contact the Chamber if you need help finding a business that can help you keep our tax dollars local!
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia offers Chamber
A Lower Cost Alternative
Are you or do you know of a small business employer in the United States that does not offer their employee’s health insurance due to price? No matter what your health insurance needs, you can always count on Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia (BCBSGa) for a wide range of options and outstanding value. BCBSGa has a low cost alternative to standard health care plans called, Blue Essentials that may fit your needs.
Georgia’s Blue Essential Products are budget-friendly plans that cover your essential health care needs and give you the options you want. Employees would receive $20 office visit co-pays and 80% coinsurance reimbursement for their in-network covered items. Employees would also have plans with deductibles of $1,000 or higher. Additionally, they would receive the protection and personal security of having Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia as their insurer.
These BCBSGa plans are available at reduced premium rates to eligible business members of our Chamber of Commerce! Through the group “buying power” of MemberCare Alliance of Worth CountySM, we are part of a statewide network of over 130 Chambers of Commerce offering these insurance products to Chamber member businesses. The MemberCare Alliance of Worth County program includes a variety of discounted insurance products, such as: group term, voluntary and dependent life insurance, group dental insurance, group long term and short term disability, accidental death and dismemberment and long term care insurance. All these products are, or course, available through participating Chamber-member insurance agents.
For more information on these insurance offerings, please call the Chamber, one of your participating Chamber-member insurance agents, or Purchasing Alliance Solutions, Inc., (the company that developed MemberCare Alliance of Worth County program) at 770-579-1214 or 1-800-782-8254 ext. 3014.
*An independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
• A Big WELCOME to our Newest Members:
Worth County Forestry Queens
1 of a Kind Thrift Store
Mary Alice Shipp Community Development Center
Worth County Health Department
100 Mile Peanut Pickin Yard Sale
Powell’s Contract Services, LLC
Sylvester Elementary School
James and Karen McDonald
Worth County High School Band Booster Club
Worth County Middle School
Gibbs Pecans & Shelling Company
M & R Ag
Elite Images and Printing
Ford Insurance Agency, Inc
Worth County Primary School
O’Reilly Auto Parts
• Thank you for renewing your membership for the year 2011:
AGGeorgia Farm Credit
Agri-AFC, LLC Sylvester
Ashley’s Business Solutions, Inc
Astro Exterminating Services
At & T
B & C Sporting Goods
Banks Funeral Home
Best Friends Humane Society in Worth Co.
Boy Scout Troup 100
Brown Milling & Peanut Co.
Bryan and Jordan Body Shop
Camille Taylor, Century 21 Smith, Branch, & Pope, LLC
Carroll’s Sausage & Meats
City of Poulan
City of Warwick
Coastal Plain CASA
Colony Bank of Worth
Colquitt Regional Home Care
Conger Gas LP
Coopercraft Communications, Inc.
Countryside Animal Clinic
Creek Bottom Trail Rides, LLC ( ATV Park)
D & B A/C and Mechanical Services
Dairy Queen of Sylvester, Inc.
De Lage Landen
Dialysis Clinic, Inc.
Dr. Henry Gordon Davis
Dr. Larry Daugherty
Emerald Garden Center
Event Technical Services, Inc
Factory Connections, Inc
Farm Commodities, Inc
Farmers Home Furniture
Fat Boys Backyard BBQ and More
Fletcher-Yearta Jewelers, Inc
Ford Insurance Agency
Futrill Auto Parts, Inc.
Gardner & Hydrick Vet P.C
Georgia Power Company
Globe Financial Services
H & R Block
Handy Andy Store
Hal Carter Construction
HeritageBank of the South
Herring Business Products, OCE Imagistics, Inc
Herring CPA Group
HOOK FM 105.7
Housing Authority of City of Sylvester
Hudson and NeSmith CPA
J.H. Harvey’s Co, LLC
Jim Hinton Oil Company
Jimmy Sanders, Inc
John and Shelly McPhaul
Johnson Electronic System, LLC
Kiwanis Club of Sylvester
Kentucky Fried Chicken
Margaret Jones Library / Vickie Young
Medders Associates Survey, Inc.
Medders Enterprises, Inc
Medders Irrigation, LLC
Miss Georgee’s Play-Kare
Mobley Gin Company
Moultrie Technical College
Nethers’s Old Fashioned Pork Skins, Inc
Norman Crowe, Jr.
Norman Park Gin
Ochlocknee Plantation, Ltd.
O’Reilly Auto Parts
Paragon Foods, Inc. – 3 Squares Diner
Phoebe Worth Family Medicine
Phoebe Worth Medical Center
Pinson Memorial United Methodist
Plantation Publishing Company
Pour Me Some Coffee
Purchasing Alliance Solutions, Inc
Representative Ed Rynders
Shipp Funeral Home
Shipp Shape Lawn Service
Short and Paulk Supply
Snipes Piggly Wiggly
Southern Express Lube, Inc
Southern Heritage Woodworks
Southern Woods Plantation
Southland Technologies, Inc
Southwest Georgia Bank/Sylvester Banking Company
Stuart Pate-State Farm Insurance
Sumner Egg Festival
Sumner Peanut Company, Co
Sunbelt Ford-Mercury, Inc
Sunshine Party Rentals
Sylvester Animal Hospital
Sylvester Family Practice/ HealthPlus
Sylvester Health Care, Inc
Sylvester Plaza, LTD Partnership
Sylvester Women’s Club
The Car Wash
The Harvest Group, Harvest School of Music and Hook FM 105.7
The Melanie Hurst Corporation DBA Jessie & Salon
The Sumner Egg Festival
The Sylvester Local News
Town of Sumner
Tyson Steel Building Products, Inc.
Walgreens of Sylvester
Warwick Blackshear Business Organizations
Warwick Drugs, Inc
Warwick Health Care
Warwick Septic Tank, Inc
Williams Insurance Company, Inc.
Woodmen of the World
Worth County Extension Office
Worth County Farm Bureau, Inc.
Worth County High School
Worth County Primary School
Worth Finance Corporation
Worth Gin Company, Inc
Worth Air Heating and Cooling
Worth Insurance Agency
Thanks to all our members!! We could not do it without you, especially in this economic climate. You have all shown an extraordinary commitment to your community. Community Support is the mainstay of any Chamber of Commerce and you are all NUMBER ONE in our book.
FUTURE EVENTS COMING TO OUR AREA:
If you have upcoming events that you would like to share, please contact the Chamber and let us help to spread the word.
* Worth County is a Work Ready Community! Ask your Chamber of Commerce how you can become Work Ready, too!
A strong Chamber is the sign of a strong community. Ask how you can help increase membership to the Chamber!!
We are dedicated to keeping you updated on events in our Community and hope that we will see you there supporting your Community!
Karen M. Rackley
Sylvester-Worth County Chamber of Commerce
229-776-6657 (GA Peanut Festival)