Sylvester – Worth County Chamber of Commerce
“Ask not what your Community can do for you, but WHAT can you do for your Community”
• July 29th: SOWEGA- Dr. Land-Countryside Animal Clinic, Inc. and the Town of Sumner presents the Music Hall of Fame Song Writer's Night and Student Fundraising Events. It will be held at Sumner Auditorium starting at 7:00PM. Performing Artists include: Anthony Johnson, Brent Saunders, Karlee Causey, Meri Beth Houston, Rocky Duckworth, Sam Favreau, Kay Young, Rocky Duckworth, Jr., and Savannah Land. Advance tickets are $5.00 call (229) 776-3380/ (229) 392-3945 for more information.
• July 30th: Tift Regional Medical Center will Kickoff its Men's Health campaign on Saturday, July 30th at 1:00PM. For more information, call (229)353-6318 or visit: www.tiftregional.com.
• August 1st: Teacher Appreciation Orientation - New employee orientation for the Worth County School system, if your business or organization and would like to make a donation to the employee gift bags please contact Heather Faircloth at the Worth County Board of Education (229) 776-8600. Please include your business card if possible. Many of the employee's are not from our community, so lets may them feel welcome and let them know what Sylvester/Worth County has to offer. Items can bring dropped by central office, or give Heather Faircloth a call and someone will be glad to come by and pick it up. For Breakfast sponsorship please contact Heather Faircloth.
• August 5th: Sylvester/Worth Night Out Against Crime in Jeffords Park. Please contact Captain White with the Sylvester Police Department at (229) 776-8501 or the Chamber of Commerce (229) 776-7718 to find out how you can be a part of this event.
• August 9th: Congressional Luncheon in Perry, Georgia for more information or if you want to know how to purchase tickets go: http://www.gachamber.com/2011congressional:uncheon.
• August 13th: The 4th Annual Egg Festival Pageant. This year's theme "Small Town Tropical Beauties: call (229) 343-5042 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• August 27th: The Mary Alice Shipp Community Development Corporation Invites you their "Honor Awards Banquet" on August 27th starting at 6:00PM. Advance tickets are $25.00 and can be purchased at the Chamber of Commerce.
Reminder: Please remember to complete you Chamber Survey for the opportunity to win $100 CASH!
QR Codes: It is the Social Media new Rage! It is an interesting marketing tool and free to anyone who wants to use it. Please visit: http://grcode.kaywa.com/. Definition and explination of QR Codes can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org./wik/QRCode.
GACCE is offering the following Web Seminars:
8/17/2011: WEBINAR - Georgia Chamber-Health Care Reform
9/22/2011: WEBINAR - Georgia Chamber - Social Media Part One
10/27/2011: WEBINAR - Georgia Chamber - Social Media Part Two
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia offers Chamber
A Lower Cost Alternative
Are you or do you know of a small business employer in the United States that does not offer their employee’s health insurance due to price? No matter what your health insurance needs, you can always count on Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia (BCBSGa) for a wide range of options and outstanding value. BCBSGa has a low cost alternative to standard health care plans called, Blue Essentials that may fit your needs. For more information, please call the Chamber, one of your participating Chamber-member insurance agents, or Purchasing Alliance Solutions, Inc., (the company that developed MemberCare Alliance of Worth County program) at 770-579-1214 or 1-800-782-8254 ext. 3014.
*An independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
STOP AND SHOP SYLVESTER-WORTH COUNTY: Our local retailers want you to stop in and give them an opportunity to meet your needs throughout the Year 2011. Please contact the Chamber if you need help finding a business that can help you keep our tax dollars local!
A Big WELCOME to our Newest Members:
• M R M Recycling, Inc.
• Green Oaks Center
• Gay Foods, Inc
• Katherine Williams
Worth County Forestry Queens
1 of a Kind Thrift Store
Mary Alice Shipp Community Development Corp.
Worth County Health Department
100 Mile Peanut Pickin Yard Sale
Powell’s Contract Services, LLC
Sylvester Elementary School
James and Karen McDonald
Worth County High School Band Booster Club
Worth County Middle School
Gibbs Pecans & Shelling Company
M & R Ag
Elite Images and Printing
Ford Insurance Agency, Inc
Worth County Primary School
O’Reilly Auto Parts
• Thank you for renewing your membership for the year 2011:
AGGeorgia Farm Credit
Agri-AFC, LLC Sylvester
Ashley’s Business Solutions, Inc
Astro Exterminating Services
B & C Sporting Goods
Banks Funeral Home
Best Friends Humane Society in Worth Co.
Boy Scout Troup 100
Brown Milling & Peanut Co.
Bryan and Jordan Body Shop
Camille Taylor, Century 21 Smith, Branch, & Pope, LLC
Carroll’s Sausage & Meats
City of Poulan
City of Warwick
Coastal Plain CASA
Colony Bank of Worth
Colquitt Regional Home Care
Conger Gas LP
Coopercraft Communications, Inc.
Countryside Animal Clinic
Creek Bottom Trail Rides, LLC ( ATV Park)
D & B A/C and Mechanical Services
Dairy Queen of Sylvester, Inc.
De Lage Landen
Dialysis Clinic, Inc.
Dr. Henry Gordon Davis
Dr. Larry Daugherty
Emerald Garden Center
Event Technical Services, Inc
Factory Connections, Inc
Farm Commodities, Inc
Farmers Home Furniture
Fat Boys Backyard BBQ and More
Fletcher-Yearta Jewelers, Inc
Ford Insurance Agency
Futrill Auto Parts, Inc.
Gardner & Hydrick Vet P.C
Georgia Power Company
Globe Financial Services
H & R Block
Handy Andy Store
Hal Carter Construction
HeritageBank of the South
Herring Business Products, OCE Imagistics, Inc
Herring CPA Group
HOOK FM 105.7
Housing Authority of City of Sylvester
Hudson and NeSmith CPA
J.H. Harvey’s Co, LLC
Jim Hinton Oil Company
Jimmy Sanders, Inc
John and Shelly McPhaul
Johnson Electronic System, LLC
Kiwanis Club of Sylvester
Kentucky Fried Chicken
Margaret Jones Library / Vickie Young
Medders Associates Survey, Inc.
Medders Enterprises, Inc
Medders Irrigation, LLC
Miss Georgee’s Play-Kare
Mobley Gin Company
Moultrie Technical College
Nethers’s Old Fashioned Pork Skins, Inc
Norman Crowe, Jr.
Norman Park Gin
Ochlocknee Plantation, Ltd.
O’Reilly Auto Parts
Paragon Foods, Inc. – 3 Squares Diner
Phoebe Worth Family Medicine
Phoebe Worth Medical Center
Pinson Memorial United Methodist
Plantation Publishing Company
Pour Me Some Coffee
Purchasing Alliance Solutions, Inc
Representative Ed Rynders
Shipp Funeral Home
Shipp Shape Lawn Service
Short and Paulk Supply
Southern Express Lube, Inc
Southern Heritage Woodworks
Southern Woods Plantation
Southland Technologies, Inc
Southwest Georgia Bank/Sylvester Banking Company
Stuart Pate-State Farm Insurance
Sumner Egg Festival
Sumner Peanut Company, Co
Sunbelt Ford-Mercury, Inc
Sunshine Party Rentals
Sylvester Animal Hospital
Sylvester Family Practice/ HealthPlus
Sylvester Health Care, Inc
Sylvester Plaza, LTD Partnership
Sylvester Women’s Club
The Car Wash
The Harvest Group, Harvest School of Music and Hook FM 105.7
The Melanie Hurst Corporation DBA Jessie & Salon
The Sumner Egg Festival
The Sylvester Local News
Town of Sumner
Tyson Steel Building Products, Inc.
Walgreens of Sylvester
Warwick Blackshear Business Organizations
Warwick Drugs, Inc
Warwick Health Care
Warwick Septic Tank, Inc
Williams Insurance Company, Inc.
Woodmen of the World
Worth County Extension Office
Worth County Farm Bureau, Inc.
Worth County High School
Worth County Primary School
Worth Finance Corporation
Worth Gin Company, Inc
Worth Air Heating and Cooling
Worth Insurance Agency
Thanks to all our members!! We could not do it without you, especially in this economic climate. You have all shown an extraordinary commitment to your community. Community Support is the mainstay of any Chamber of Commerce and you are all NUMBER ONE in our book.
FUTURE EVENTS COMING TO OUR AREA:
If you have upcoming events that you would like to share, please contact the Chamber and let us help to spread the word.
* Worth County is a Work Ready Community! Ask your Chamber of Commerce how you can become Work Ready, too!
A strong Chamber is the sign of a strong community. Ask how you can help increase membership to the Chamber!!
We are dedicated to keeping you updated on events in our Community and hope that we will see you there supporting your Community!
Karen M. Rackley
Sylvester-Worth County Chamber of Commerce
229-776-6657 (GA Peanut Festival)