About New Mexico Dental Association Foundation
New Mexico Dental Association Foundation (NMDAF) works to increase oral health literacy in New Mexico, while also providing direct access to oral health care through several of our outreach programs.
Founded in 2005, our programs have served thousands of low-income individuals and families including veterans, the elderly, disabled, and medically compromised New Mexicans. We support a dynamic volunteer hub of dentists, labs, and other oral health professionals across the state who donate their time, energy, and resources so that eligible clients can get the dental treatment they need.
We are committed to serving the oral health needs of all New Mexicans through education and access to dental care because we believe…
- Smiling is central to our human experience.
- A healthy mouth is foundational for a healthy life.
- Oral health education improves overall health and leads to better oral health access and outcomes.
Over the last 18 years we have provided
- $15 million in free treatment by
- 11,000 professional and community volunteers to
- 12,500 clients