Kirksville Community Horse Center
25161 Laurel Lane
Kirksville, MO 63501
Text the word: COMMUNITYHORSECENTER To: 72727
Hours of OperationMonday - Friday
12:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Christmas seasonal hours include
Saturday - Sunday
Other times by Appointment
Kirksville Community Horse Center (KCHC) plans to open fully in 2021, offering horse owners and/or enthusiasts, several unique ways of enjoying their passion. Each month something new is opened or started including:
- A comfortable indoor riding facility to school your horse alone or in a group, complete with temperature controlled indoor viewing in the clubhouse for those who enjoy just watching sessions, and online streaming so you can watch your child's riding from home. Pay by the hour or afternoon.
- Starting in 2021, regular group activities include the KCHC Racing Club where a limited number of members enjoy year 'round gaming practice and competition, and a monthly barbecue in warm weather open to anyone who enjoys horses.
- KCHC Learning Center where 4-Hers and anyone interested in horses can come for regular demonstrations on everything from hoof and dental care to the chance see their favorite horse's hair under the microscope.
- The KCHC clubhouse tack shop offers unique and hard-to-find items and experiences for sale including personalized supplies for your next show, fun t-shirts, gorgeous sterling jewelry designed by local and award winning artists, and vouchers and packages for your favorite horse-crazy person to try riding lessons, printed on beautiful cherry wood suitable for gift wrapping - a one-of-a kind present that won't soon be forgotten. Supplies are limited on many items, and new things come in weekly, so check back frequently for what's new!
- Art studio items for sale, and projects usually in progress to watch. Glass studio time can be booked, and lesson and class availability will depend upon space and supply limitations. We're currently considering opening an after-school class for youth and 4-Hers.
- Boarding your horse makes frequent use of the arena convenient. Self-care only, but we can help you find someone to do the dirty work if you'd rather. Boarders are VIP's and you'll get special offers and privileges. Our clubhouse includes a large heated restroom with shower. Stall availability is limited.
- KCHC Community Calendar is open to horse owners who want to split trip charges for regularly scheduled activities such as Coggins testing, vaccinations, hoof care, etc. When we have a vet, shoer, etc scheduled to come, we'll try to leave it open for others to join us, up until 2 weeks before the activity. Others who wish to help are invited to share their dates for these activities as well as local horse shows and competitions.
- Quiet time available for those who have difficulty handling sensory overload, or need extra physical help to enjoy the horses, etc. Call for an appointment. We'd love to meet you!
- KCHC Scholarships: For anyone wanting to help someone they don't know to have the experience of a lifetime, we offer riding lesson scholarships. A random act of kindness. You can anonymously donate a lesson and we'll match what you give. Contact someone in charge at the clubhouse.
We support veterans and those with physical and/or mental challenges. Special pricing is often available, just let us know what you need and we'll try hard to work it out.
We support health advocacy. Each month a portion of the profits of KCHC will go to a chosen awareness program. Ask about this month's ribbon and advocacy donation.