Grand Opening of The Whiteside Garden
Join us for the long-awaited grand opening of The Whiteside Garden on Saturday, May 1, 10am-2pm. Activities include:
1. Self-guided tours of the garden
2. Guided tours of the garden at 10am, 11am, 12pm, and 1pm.
3. Live instrumental music 11am-1pm
4. May Day basket Raffle (Tickets are $1/each or 6/$5)
5. Visit the Douglas-Hart Foundation booth to learn about programs, volunteer opportunities, and memberships
6. Welcome Center exhibits
7. Shop the Garden Gift Shop
8. Light refreshments
9. Plus, activities for the kids too: make and take craft, scavenger hunt, and dance around the May Pole
Depending on the spring season, you might see the following in bloom during the grand opening: shooting stars, dogwoods, spiderworts, geraniums, bleeding hearts, columbines, magnolias, and more!
Admission is free, but donations are greatly appreciated.
The Whiteside Garden will be open May 1 - October 1 on Fridays and Saturdays 9am-3pm.
The Whiteside Garden: 8422 North County Road 1820 E Charleston, IL 61920
Kiwanis Club of Charleston Drive-Thru Wine Pull
The Kiwanis Club of Charleston will host a drive- thru wine & liquor pull Saturday, May 8 from Noon- 2 PM. The wine pull will be held at 501 Jackson Ave- in front of the Charleston Chamber Office.
A minimum of a $20 donation per bottle is required. You may purchase bottles during the event or purchase a bottle in advance by going to venmo.com (@Charleston-Kiwanis)
18th Street Farmers Market
The 18th Street Farmers Market, hosted by the Charleston Area Chamber of Commerce, is a longstanding and beloved community event. The Market takes place on Saturday from 8:00 AM- Noon in the parking lot of the Coles County Department of Human Services (Health Department) at 825 18th St. The 2021 Market will run from May 29-September 25. Entrance into the Market is free and guests are invited to shop our vendors for produce, baked goods, and more!