The 2019 Steel Days Baby Contest is sponsored by Mountain Point Medical Center
This event is a great way to have your young kids participate in Steel Days! The American Fork Royalty will be on hand to assist the judges and meet the contestants. The baby contest is for children between the ages of 0 to 24 months old. An entry fee must be paid for each child participating. There will be a girl and boy winner in each category and one winner in the twin category. Late registration will be allowed at 9:30 am at the park but all registration will still need to be done online and is $15. No cash registration.
Winners will be emailed later that day and can pick up their prizes on Saturday, July 20th before the parade. Winners will be invited to participate in the Steel Days Grand Parade on Saturday, July 20th with a parent.
Please enter a parent's information first and enter your child's information in the other section.
Judging times on the day of event (Wednesday, July 17th) are as follows:
Age Group Judging Times
0-4 Months 10:00 am-10:30 am
5-7 Months 10:00 am-10:30 am
8-10 Months 10:30 am-11:00 am
11-13 Months 10:30 am-11:00 am
14-17 Months 11:00 am-11:30 am
18-20 Months 11:00 am-11:30 am
21-24 Months 11:30 am-12:00 pm
Twins/Multiples 11:30 am-12:00 pm
Come and showcase your amazing talents at this year's American Fork Steel Days Art Show! Please read all of the information below.
The Art Show has two divisions for entries: Adult and Youth. Adult will be split into Experienced and Novice. The Youth division will be split into High School, Junior High, Intermediate (grades 4-6), Primary (grades 1-3), and Kindergarten/Preschool.
This year we will have the following categories:
- Water Media
- Mixed Media
- Photography (Black & White and Color)
- Digital Media
- Drawing (Black & White and Color)
Award recipients are selected by the art show judges. Entries in the adult division may be awarded 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons with a small cash award in each category. Honorable Mention awards may also be given. New this year: entries in the Youth division may be selected for an "Award of Excellence" ribbon with a small cash award. Special awards included in both Adult and Youth divisions: "Best of Show," "Mayor's Choice," and "Art Council Choice".
All artists need to register online before July 15th. A confirmation email will be sent to you following your online purchase. Cost: $10.00 for each Adult Division art piece (3 entries max) and $5.00 for each Youth Division art piece (2 entries max).
You will need to register each artwork piece individually (complete a separate registration for each submission) and print the registration form for each from your confirmation email and bring it to Art Drop Off!
Art Drop Off:
Art Drop Off will be on Monday, July 15th between 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm at the library east doors. Please bring a printed paper ticket for each artwork piece from the confirmation email. Remember, if you are registering more than one art piece, you will need more than one ticket!
Rules for Art Entries:
- Original work of the registered artist. (No copyrighted images in Adult division.)
- Completed within the past three years
- Adult division artwork MUST be framed with a wire hanger on the back
- Youth division artwork MUST be matted or framed
- Maximum size for all 2D and 3D artwork is 36 inches in any direction
- Subject matter must meet the standards of our community-oriented exhibit
The Artist Reception will be held on Thursday, July 18th at 7 pm. at Robinson Park (100 E. Main St). Best dress attire is encouraged.
The Art Show will be exhibited at the American Fork City Library on Thursday, July 18th from 10 am to 8 pm and on Friday, July 19th and Saturday, July 20th from 10 am to 5 pm. Art work will be released on Monday July 22nd between 3 pm and 8 pm. There will be no early release. Please bring a photo ID to Art Release to show proof of ownership of the artwork. Also, please read carefully the terms and waiver for picking up art work late.
The 2019 Steel Days Quilt Show is sponsored by Highland Glen Senior Living
This year marks the 27th year anniversary of the Steel Days Quilt Show! The theme this year is "Color Your World with Quilts". The quilt show is conducted by members of the New Friends Quilt Circle as a community service project. They put in many hours to showcase some of the greatest talents in our community.
This free event showcases the works of local artisans and the public votes on their favorite quilts. Several awards are given, including the Utah Quilt Guild's Best of Show Award.
To enter a quilt, please fill out this online registration. Print off the registration ticket and bring it, along with the quilt and completed Quilt Information Form, to the Senior Citizens Center, 54 East Main Street in American Fork, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, July 10th, 2018.
Hours of exhibit are Thursday and Friday, July 18th and 19th, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, July 20th, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Quilts can be picked up at the close of the show at 5 p.m. on July 20th.
Looking for a great way to network with business owners and professionals? Join us on Thursday, July 18th at Los Hermanos in Lindon for our Connect 4 Lunch event hosted by the Pleasant Grove-Lindon Chamber of Commerce. This event was created in response to a survey we sent out to chamber members from the American Fork, Pleasant Grove-Lindon, and Point of the Mountain Chambers and has become a popular way to network AND enjoy an amazing lunch at the same time!
Connect 4 Lunch will be held on the THIRD Thursday of every month. This event is free to attend - you just need to pay for your own lunch. Please remember to bring your business cards and, if you would like, a prize to give away during the lunch.
The next Connect 4 Lunch will be on August 15th.
By Royal Decree, Miss American Fork requests the presence of all of the ladies and their maidens in the land to join her in their finest attire for a mother-daughter “Tea with the Queen” on Thursday, July 18th from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm. The cost is $15 per mother-daughter pair and $10 for each additional daughter. This includes lunch, a photo, a crown and wand, face painting, and nail painting!
This will be a two day tournament on Wednesday, July 17th (divisions 2.5 and 3.0) and Thursday, July 18th (divisions 3.5 and 4.0) at 5:00 p.m. All divisions will be combined: Coed, Women's and Men's. Division Level is determined by the level of the highest ranked player on the team. To determine your division go to www.usapa.org. There will be 7 teams in each division for a total of 28 teams in the tournament. The tournament will be played in Round-Robin format with each team playing 6 games. The winner will be determined by overall record, head to head record, and point differential. Onyx pickleballs will be used for tournament play. First, Second, and Third places will be awarded for each division. Cost is $25 per team.
Youth Dance Prizes provided by Costa Vida
The 2019 Steel Days Sing-off first place awards are sponosored by Anderson & Sons. The 2019 Steel Days Sing-off second place awards are sponosored by Edward Jones-Austin Duke and R&R Realty-Juliann Newman.
The Steel Days Sing-off is a singing competition. This year there will be two divisions for the contest - Professional and Novice.
To enter the Novice Category, the contestant:
1. Has never been paid to sing
2. Has never won money singing in a competition.
Prizes for the Novice Category:
1st place prize is $300.00
2nd place prize is $150.00
3rd place prize is $75.00
There are no age requirements and no restrictions on who can compete in the Professional Category. Anyone can enter the Professional Category.
Prizes for the Professional Category:
1st place prize is $500.00
2nd place prize is $250.00
3rd place prize is $125.00
The initial round for both categories will consist of contestants from each category submitting a ‘public’ YouTube video of their audition to be judged by the Sing-off committee.
Eight finalists from each category will be chosen by the Sing-off Committee.
The final round will be a competition of the top eight finalists in each category. Each finalist will compete in their category at the Steel Days Sing-off Live Event on Friday, July 19th 2019. There will be judges at the competition who will select the top three winners in each category.
The top three winners from each category will win cash prizes. They will participate in the American Fork Steel Days Parade and perform during the Steel Days Big Show event on Saturday, July 20th 2019.
RULES FOR THE COMPETITION:
1. The contestant entrance fee for the Novice Category is $25.00. The contestant fee for the Professional Category is $35.00. The entry fee includes a Sing-off T-shirt (to be picked up the night of the Sing-off on July 19th 2019).
2. The Sing-off committee will pick the top eight finalists to compete in the Sing-off.
3. Instruments are not allowed.
4. Due to the family nature of the event, inappropriate and offensive content is prohibited.
5. In case of song duplication, you will be given the option to choose another song prior to the competition.
6. By submitting your YouTube audition video, you understand and agree that your video will be used in a special highlight video to be shown during the live Sing-off event.
- Participants must record and submit a public YouTube video and submit the URL link. The video must be five minutes or less.
- Participants submission must be received by midnight on Saturday, July 6th 2019.
- Submit your name and URL to: email@example.com with “STEEL DAYS SING-OFF VIDEO SUBMISSION” in the subject line.
Saturday, July 13th 2019, the top eight finalists from each category will be announced.
By midnight on July 15th 2019, each finalist will submit their recorded accompaniment of their song for the final live competition. The recording must be submitted in either MP3 or WAV format. The recording must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
On July 19th 2019, the top finalists will perform and be judged for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place (in each category). The Novice Category will perform first, followed by an intermission. The Professional Category will perform after the intermission.
On the morning of July 20th 2019, the top three winners from each category will be in the Steel Days Parade. That evening, those same winners will perform before the Big Show pre-show act.
The Steel Days Committee reserves the right to make adjustments at any time to ensure a successful event.
Movie in the Park Sponsored by Republic Services
Please join us for a FUN family event! The Steel Days Grand Parade brings the entire community out to celebrate American Fork! The Grand Parade is an extravaganza featuring local marching bands, floats, local government, law enforcement, businesses, and much more. The parade will be on July 20th and will start promptly at 9:30 am.
Please review the following rules and guidelines to help us have a safe, fun, and enjoyable time!
1. Read the American Fork Steel Days Entry Standards and Requirements.
2. Complete online application, description, waivers, and information form and submit payment no later than July 6, 2019.
- $100 until June 28th
- $130 June 29th-July 6th
- Non-profit organizations may enter for free. To receive a free registration code, please email us with your non-profit information
4. Upon receipt of the entry application and entry fee, the Steel Days Parade Committee will review the application. A limited number of entries will be allowed. Submission of the entry application should not be construed as acceptance into the parade until an approval email is accepted.
5. Final approval or rejection will be decided by the Steel Days Parade Committee.
6. Details regarding the parade line-up will be emailed out the week of July 8th.
7. The parade committee has the right to remove any entry the day of the parade if the entry does not represent the description that was previously described or does not meet the parade requirements.
1. All entries must be decorated, except antique vehicles. The exception must be given prior to the day of the parade. No unadorned trucks and/or trailers will be allowed in the parade.
2. Floats must be capable of maneuvering around sharp turns. Maximum float size requirements:
Width no more than 15’ and Length (include float & towing vehicle) no more than 55'.
1. Entries will be judged on the following system: originality, beauty, craftsmanship, and individual theme.
2. Judging is done one hour prior to beginning of the parade. There are only 2 awards and over 90 entries. Our judges have the difficult decision of having to choose only 2. All entries are appreciated but not all can win!
3. American Fork Steel Days Parade Awards are:
a. Best Overall Entry
b. Mayor's Award
DISTRIBUTING FLYERS, ADVERTISEMENTS, ETC.
1. All equestrian entries are responsible to bring their own “waste disposal group” (pooper scoopers).
2. Amplified sound will not be permitted with an entry unless specific prior written approval has been given by the Steel Days Parade Committee. Prior notification allows the committee to determine correct float placement.
3. No water is to be thrown/sprayed from parade floats/vehicles. If you would like to spray water, it must be done by people who are on foot.
PARADE ENTRY STANDARDS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Entry applications will not be accepted if the Steel Days Committee determines an entry to be unlawful, controversial, or otherwise considered to be inconsistent with the standards and purpose of the American Fork Steel Days Parade.
2. Any entry without a signed waiver for each participant on the float will not be allowed to participate. Waiver forms are due July 17, 2019 and will be checked the morning of the parade. This is required by the state of Utah as well as American Fork City.
3. The Parade must continually move - there is no stopping on the parade route. Any entries who wish to include performances will need to be part of the pre-parade entertainment (i.e. – Cheer, Dance, and Karate Groups wishing to do demonstrations that would stop the parade or otherwise hold it up).
4. NO THROWING OF CANDY, TOYS, ETC. Items may be distributed by handing them out directly to recipients. If you would like to hand out candy, it must be done by people who are on foot and you must have at least 2 designated spotters to watch for and prevent children from getting too close to your float/vehicle.
It is the responsibility of the entry organization to provide enough walking participants for distribution. It is the intent of our city and committee to maintain safety for the participates and the spectators. Throwing items could jeopardize their safety and therefore could incur a fine of up to $100 per incident.
5. All drivers of vehicles must be at least 21 years old and be able to provide proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license on the parade route, if necessary.
6. Miscellaneous vehicle entries will not be allowed into the parade unless specific prior written approval has been given by the Steel Days Parade Committee. A car club can submit one application listing each vehicle separately.
7. It is recommended that each float carry a fire extinguisher.
8. The safe operation and conduct of your entry and organization is your sole responsibility.
9. The Steel Days Parade Committee reserves the right to place parade entries in any order they deem necessary.
10. Due to the family nature of the event, inappropriate and offensive content is prohibited.
11. The parade committee reserves the right to remove a participate for any inappropriate behavior.
12. If anyone in your organization fails to leave when asked to do so by an official, your entry will be dismissed from the parade route.
13. Any entry turned in after the due date will not be accepted into the parade.
14. Any entry that comes to the parade and wants to participate the day of the parade without prior consent through the Steel Days Committee (entry form) will not be allowed to participate.
15. There will be a limited amount of entries in the parade this year; therefore, it is very important that your application is turned in on time.
16. Entries will be accepted on a first come basis with a limited number of commercial entries.
PARADE ROUTE ENTRY:
All entries with the exception of bands and floats:
All entries arriving from I-15 freeway should take the American Fork Main Street Exit 278 to the signal at Doug Smith Autoplex. A parade manager will greet you and direct you to your line-up position. The parade staging area will be on Main Street and adjoining side streets.
All band buses need to take freeway 500 East American Fork Exit 276. Continue north on 500 East to 200 South turn left on 200 South proceed to parade checkpoint at 300 West. Bands will be staging at Lyons Park / 300 West. The parade’s band coordinator will be there to help bands line up.
Please approach from Pacific Ave/100 North. Turn left onto State Street; proceed to the signal at the Doug Smith Auto Plex/Main Street turn left where you will be met by a parade volunteer and directed to your line up position.
END OF ROUTE EXIT: NO vehicles will be allowed on 4th North between 100 East and Center Street.
To pick up your parade participant, please meet them at the destination designated below.
ALL ENTRIES WILL EXIT AT 100 EAST AND 400 NORTH
From there, the directions are as follows:
Floats & Equestrian:
Will continue west on 400 North. Participants can be picked up at 400 North and 100 West.
Music, Cheers & Children’s Entries:
Turn north on Center Street. Participants can be picked up at the Pony League Ball Fields north of the Recreation Center. (Access from 100 W and turning east on 600 N)
Professional and all other entries:
Turn south on Center Street. Participants can be picked up at 325 North.
There will be parade staff and police officers to give directions and help entries off of the route.
WHEN EXITING ROUTE AND PICKING UP PARTICIPANTS:
1. Do not block traffic.
2. Watch for small children and others.
3. Pull in so that you do not have to back up, if possible.
4. Park away from the pick-up point and walk, if possible.
5. Please remain calm.
â€‹This event features many activities for children including several bounce houses/slides, petting zoo, face painting, etc! All of the activities at the event are always free to the public. A large dining tent will be provided with tables and chairs. The local police and fire departments will also be in attendance and have activities for the kids to better learn about safety issues. There will also be a business expo with vendor booths and live music from 1:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Big Show Sponsored by Keystone Construction
â€‹Led by a smooth R&B pop vocal, Foreign Figures blends melody driven alt pop with a hip hop backbone and rock & roll attitude. Formed in late 2014 by Seth Dunshee, Jonny Tanner, and brothers Eric and Steve Michels, their unique blend of alt pop is a pure collaboration between four very different artists, mixing vulnerable emotion with bold and deliberate production to create a synthesis of sounds and feelings.
Within their first two years the group wrote, produced and independently released both an EP and an album, amassing thousands of downloads and millions of streams in over 25 different countries. Leading to licensing deals with TVLand, TuneCore and Fox, their initial success also allowed the band’s charismatic live performance to be seen alongside multiple national touring acts, sharing the stage with the likes of X Ambassadors, American Authors, Smallpools, The Aces, and Lukas Graham. Foreign Figures spent the majority of their third year together writing on the road, completing two tours throughout the Western, Central and Southern United States. In September 2018, they released the Overzealous EP, a 6 song effort that quickly garnered praise from the likes of AP magazine, Idobi radio, and Popdust. Rather than holding onto new songs for future releases, the band decided to release a quick follow up to Overzealous in the form of the 2 track Dangerous EP, in October 2018.
Learn more about Foreign Figures HERE
Listen to some of Foreign Figures' music HERE
â€‹As you look to save your favorite spot for the Big Show and fireworks, please remember two important tips:
- Reserving spots with lawn chairs and blankets at Art Dye Park can take place anytime after 3:00 pm
- No pop-up shade tents are allowed.