• Bring your wish list & camera to snap a pictures with Jolly Old St. Nick ðŸÅ½…ðŸÂ»
• Decorate holiday cookies and make Christmas crafts ðŸÂª
• Sip warm cocoa while Mrs. Claus reads holiday stories ðŸ¤¶ðŸÂ»
This event is planned exclusively for Members of Cedarhurst! Not a member? Join today at https://sales.cedarhurst.org/membership.aspx to bring your family to Cookies & Cocoa with Santa as well as other member events throughout the year!
The Cedarhurst Book Club, held every other month at 12 noon, is free of charge and open to the public. Participants are invited to bring a brown bag lunch and join in the discussion about the featured book, usually selected for the art-related theme. Book Club is held at the Mitchell House on the grounds at Cedarhurst Center for the Arts (unless otherwise noted).
Select the John R and Eleanor R Mitchell Foundation when using the Amazon Smile links below to allow a portion of the purchase price to support Cedarhurst programming.
- January 8th - Still Life Louise Penny
- March 4th - Photographs Not Taken collected by Will Steacy
- May 6th - Georgia: A Novel of Georgia O'Keffe by Dawn Tripp
- July 1st - The Last Castle by Denise Kiernan
- September 2nd - Old in Art School by Nell Painter
- November 4th - The Art of Rivalry by Sebastian Smee
A book mark identifying the six books for the calendar year is made available on the website (http://www.cedarhurst.org/BookClub.html), mailed to Cedarhurst members, and made available at local libraries and book stores.
The scheduled books may be available for loan through C.E. Brehm Memorial Public Library District. Book Club attendees can purchase the Book Club designated titles at King City Books (Mt. Vernon, IL) with a 10% discount.