Job Board - CCEM - Chamber of Commerce Executives of Missouri
Ad Title: DIRECTOR, COMMUNITY ALLIANCE OF SAINT JOSEPH Contact: Shannon Jobes City: St. Joseph State: MO Zip: 64506 Phone (W): (816) 232-4461 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website:visit our website... Description: Overall Responsibility:
This position works to facilitate, create, and implement initiatives, as defined by the Board of the Community Alliance, that support the betterment of St. Joseph.
1. Coordinate, facilitate and manage the community plan, Imagine St. Joseph 2040.
2. Coordinate and execute community governmental advocacy process representing St. Joseph and Buchanan County to federal and state elected and appointed positions.
3. Coordinate Community Survey and assist with dissemination of information.
4. Work with Chamber VP for Administration in developing and monitoring annual budget. Receive annual approval from Alliance Board and provide month financials.
5. Coordinate certain advocacy events such as the Washington, DC Fly-In and Great Northwest Missouri Day at the Capitol in Jefferson City as well as local visits from elected officials and their staff.
6. Maintain governmental advocacy priorities and provide regular reports to the Community Alliance Board.
7. Provide quarterly reports on the community plan to the Community Alliance Board and prepare annual progress report to the community.
8. As a Chamber staff member, attend weekly staff meetings, management staff meetings and provide for staff coordination of Alliance administration.
9. Attend meetings as needed or requested by the Community Alliance partners.
10. Participates in various community events representing the Alliance.
11. Participates and attends Chamber related functions as the Director of the Community Alliance.
12. Responsible for media relations related to the Community Alliance.
13. Other duties as assigned in the normal scope of the job position.
1. Must possess minimum educational requirements of a bachelor’s degree; with educational emphasis in business, management, marketing, or public administration.
2. Experience in the field of government relations, not-for-profit management, business or public administration preferred.
3. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and have the ability to speak before groups.
4. Knowledge of and experience with leading group interaction, pursuing collaborative processes and ability to work with a Board preferred.
5. Must be able to work with members of the Community Alliance and their staffs, as well as volunteers.
Projects and duties occasionally will require working before and/or after normal business office hours and occasional travel and over night travel may be necessary. The position is exempt from wage-hour law provisions.
The Director of the Community Alliance reports directly to the President/CEO of the Chamber of Commerce and indirectly to the Community Alliance Board of Directors.