The 2019 Steel Days Sing-off first place awards are sponosored by Anderson & Sons. The 2019 Steel Days Sing-off second place awards are sponosored by Edward Jones-Austin Duke and R&R Realty-Juliann Newman.
The Steel Days Sing-off is a singing competition. This year there will be two divisions for the contest - Professional and Novice.
To enter the Novice Category, the contestant:
1. Has never been paid to sing
2. Has never won money singing in a competition.
Prizes for the Novice Category:
1st place prize is $300.00
2nd place prize is $150.00
3rd place prize is $75.00
There are no age requirements and no restrictions on who can compete in the Professional Category. Anyone can enter the Professional Category.
Prizes for the Professional Category:
1st place prize is $500.00
2nd place prize is $250.00
3rd place prize is $125.00
The initial round for both categories will consist of contestants from each category submitting a ‘public’ YouTube video of their audition to be judged by the Sing-off committee.
Eight finalists from each category will be chosen by the Sing-off Committee.
The final round will be a competition of the top eight finalists in each category. Each finalist will compete in their category at the Steel Days Sing-off Live Event on Friday, July 19th 2019. There will be judges at the competition who will select the top three winners in each category.
The top three winners from each category will win cash prizes. They will participate in the American Fork Steel Days Parade and perform during the Steel Days Big Show event on Saturday, July 20th 2019.
RULES FOR THE COMPETITION:
1. The contestant entrance fee for the Novice Category is $25.00. The contestant fee for the Professional Category is $35.00. The entry fee includes a Sing-off T-shirt (to be picked up the night of the Sing-off on July 19th 2019).
2. The Sing-off committee will pick the top eight finalists to compete in the Sing-off.
3. Instruments are not allowed.
4. Due to the family nature of the event, inappropriate and offensive content is prohibited.
5. In case of song duplication, you will be given the option to choose another song prior to the competition.
6. By submitting your YouTube audition video, you understand and agree that your video will be used in a special highlight video to be shown during the live Sing-off event.
Saturday, July 13th 2019, the top eight finalists from each category will be announced.
By midnight on July 15th 2019, each finalist will submit their recorded accompaniment of their song for the final live competition. The recording must be submitted in either MP3 or WAV format. The recording must be submitted to email@example.com
On July 19th 2019, the top finalists will perform and be judged for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place (in each category). The Novice Category will perform first, followed by an intermission. The Professional Category will perform after the intermission.
On the morning of July 20th 2019, the top three winners from each category will be in the Steel Days Parade. That evening, those same winners will perform before the Big Show pre-show act.
The Steel Days Committee reserves the right to make adjustments at any time to ensure a successful event.