Make Success Happen Business Seminar - April 23 - CANCELED
4/23/2020 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Make Success Happen Business Seminars: The building blocks for improved business management
The Glendale Chamber of Commerce and Glendale Community College (GCC) are dedicated to serving the needs of the business community in the west valley. Our goal is to provide businesses with the tools and networking opportunities they need to succeed and grow their business.
The Chamber and GCC have teamed up to provide chamber members with monthly business education seminars. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from GCC faculty who will explain concepts, review real-life scenarios and facilitate discussions. The seminars will cover key business disciplines that are critical to effectively manage and grow a business. Each 1.5 hour long workshop session will cover subjects such as:
- Business Finance
- Human Resources
- Social Media Marketing
- and much more.
Features and benefits include:
- Seminars are taught by instructors who are experts in their field and have real-world experience.
- The information is provided in an easy to understand format
- Subject matter is relevant to any size business or organization
- The information caters to the needs of business people
- The seminars are designed to round-out the business acumen of owners and managers
- Attend as many or as few seminars as you want
- People who attend each seminar will receive a Certificate of Completion
*A $10 donation for the Glendale Community College Food Pantry would be greatly appreciated. The GCC Food Pantry feeds approximately 1,000 hungry students per week; due to demand outweighing supply, students are only allowed one visit per day to the food pantry. Oftentimes, this is the only food the students get the entire day. The GCC Food Pantry relies 100% on donations to keep shelves stocked.
April 23's Session:
Presenter - Kendra Swensen
Topic - Small Business Marketing
- You don’t have a $6 million dollar advertising budget! We’ll have to get creative!
- Don’t be too social. Choose your social media mediums wisely.
- You can never have too many friends – networking is key!
Kendra has been a faculty member at Glendale Community College teaching Marketing, Management, and Human Resources classes for seven years. Prior to that she was in various Marketing and Sales positions within the telecommunications industry in both the consumer and small business divisions for almost twenty years. She is a native of Arizona, attending the University of Arizona for her undergraduate degree and obtaining a Master’s in Education from Arizona State University, and a Master’s in Business Administration from University of Denver. Kendra has three adult children and four grandchildren. In her spare time she loves to travel and participate in most outdoor activities.
April 23, 2020 – Small Business Marketing led by Kendra Swensen
May 28, 2020 – Workforce Development led by Izelle Silva
June 25, 2020 – Social Media Marketing led by Raechel Megahan
August 19, 2020 – Web Design for Small Business – Michelle Blomberg
Sept 10, 2020 – Customer Relationship Mgmt led by Gabriela Cojanu Location: Glendale Community College Student Union, room 104, 6000 W Olive Ave, Glendale, AZ 85302