About Springville Meat Company
Springville Meat Company has been operating in the same location in Springville since it opened in 1950. Brothers Ray and Jim Cope began the company in a facility located at 268 S. 100 West with their focus on doing custom meat processing for local customers. That work was and still is the main part of Springville Meat Companys business. Through the 50s, 60s, and 70s, the company also rented out frozen food lockers to the public, a service much in demand at the time. At the services peak, Springville Meat Company was renting out about 1,000 lockers to its customers. Growth over the years has led the company to expand its facility four times.
The business has seen many changes since its beginning in 1950. In addition to its custom meat processing, Springville Meat Company devotes significant time to making jerky from beef and wild game. About 30 companies contract with Springville Meat to make their own private label jerky, and Springville Meat also makes and sells its own brand of jerky named Papa Rays Jerky after Ray Cope. Springville Meat Company now cooks meat for parties and banquets and sells meat to restaurants and individuals. It is a USDA federally inspected meat packing plant.
Springville Meat Company currently has about 18 employees. It recently purchased a land parcel just south of the old facility. This edition includes a retail country store and more meat processing space. Springville Meat is progressing into the future by serving the community and its patrons.