About Car Pool, LLC
Car Pool was started in 1977 when a local businessman purchased a car wash at 2900 Chamberlayne Avenue. Finding this to be a successful venture, he purchased a second car wash at 5514 West Broad Street in 1982 and Car Pool, Inc. started operating as Car Pool Auto Wash.
The company quickly gained a reputation of offering a convenient, fast car wash. The first Car Pool built from the ground up and the first to open south of the James was our location at 9850 Midlothian Turnpike.
Car Pool continued to expand from 1985 to 1990 acquiring the old City Car Wash at 1203 N. Boulevard and building two new car wash locations at 9200 W. Broad Street and 10310 Hull Street. A state of the art detail shop, Car Pool Detail, at 5512 W. Broad Street (adjacent to the 5514 W. Broad Street wash location) was built in 1987.
In 1995, Car Pools original owner built the 7123 Mechanicsville Turnpike location bringing the total Car Pool enterprise to 7 car wash locations and 1 full-service detail shop.