8/21/2019 - 12/18/2019
- National Diabetes Prevention Program brought to you by Avera Holy Family Hospital and the CDC
- Year-long program: starts August 21 for 16 weeks (Thanksgiving week off), then monthly meetings. You must attend most of the meetings.
- Must have PRE-diabetes (must not have a current diagnosis of Diabetes)
- 3 pm on Wednesdays at AHFH in Cardiac Rehab area, about 30-40 minutes long
- Must lose 5-7% of body weight, and increase physical activity to 150 minutes a week.
“This meeting is designed to help producers, landlords and other agri-business professionals with ARC/PLC election and enrollment processes and tools that are available,” says Gary Wright, farm management specialist with ISU Extension and Outreach.
Topics and presenters include:
• ARC/PLC Programs Rules & Regulations: USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) representative
• ARC/PLC Decisions, Using the ISU Payment Analyzer & Farm Financial Issues: Gary Wright, ISU Extension Farm Management Specialist
• Farm Stress Management and Related Resources: ISU Extension Family Life Specialist
The meeting will last approximately three hours. More than 50 similar meetings will be held statewide in November and December.
Part II of our Estherville Holiday promotions. Santa house opens from 5-7pm along with free wagon rides.
TUBACHRISTMAS performances 6pm at the Methodist Church and 7pm at the Estherville Pulic Library.
Retailers will also be open with great holiday sales and holiday cheer! Come out for a fantastic evening of fun for the whole family!
Bachelor’s Degree classes BEGIN January 6, 2020!
8-week courses available fully online or in a combination of face-to-face and online formats.
Stop by our BVU office on the Iowa Western Community College campus and visit with an advisor today.