Ad Title: Galesburg Area Chamber of Commerce seeking new Executive Director Location: Galesburg, IL Post Date: 08/13/19 Contact: Karrie Hearlein City: Galesburg State: IL Zip: 61401 Email:email@example.com Website:visit our website... Description: Would you like to be a connector and convener in the Greater Galesburg Area? Do you have a vision for a region full of thriving businesses, vibrant communities and talented, connected people? The Galesburg Area Chamber of Commerce is searching for an innovative, decisive and enthusiastic leader for the role of Executive Director.
The Executive Director provides executive leadership to the Galesburg Area Chamber of Commerce and, in partnership with the Board of Directors, is responsible for its strategic direction and success. This position leads the organization in achieving its mission, including overseeing its financial stability, community and philanthropic relations, staffing, development, and operations, under the policies, directives, and guidelines established by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will be a key leader committed to the economic vitality of the Knox County and Galesburg region. This individual will lead the chamber in helping businesses succeed and our communities thrive.
• Provides support and leadership to the Board of Directors as its executive officer, implements its policies, plans and directives, and reports to the Board on matters affecting the welfare of the Chamber.
• Acts as a resource to the Board and its committees on policy development, planning and financial development, and helps Board members understand and appreciate their role and responsibilities.
• Provides top leadership to the organization’s efforts, maximizing community partnerships, engaging volunteers, and cultivating and soliciting community leaders.
• Oversees Chamber’s operations and programs. Works with the Board, staff, and volunteers to anticipate and address community needs. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs. Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective strategies and processes.
• Directs staff and volunteers to carry out initiatives, assignments and programs under the approved strategic plan and annual budget.
• Directs the development of the strategic plan and assures the accomplishment of organizational goals and objectives.
• Communicates and collaborates with government, schools, other not-for profits, corporations, and other organizations in the community. Interprets the work of the Chamber to the community, and ensures its mission, vision, values, and goals are understood.
• Develops and maintains excellent relationships within the community as well as within the regional, state, and national business organizations.
• Provides leadership in securing needed resources for current operations, capital improvement, community development and long range financial stability. Oversees the long-range development of the Chamber’s resources.
• Recommends annual budget for Board approval. Ensures prudent fiscal management, reporting and controls. Oversees financial operations.
Ad Title: President/CEO of the Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce Location: Crystal Lake, IL Post Date: 08/16/19 Website:visit our website... Description: POSITION SUMMARY: The position is responsible for, but not limited, to the following:
Functions as the chief spokesperson for the Chamber; effectively represents the Crystal Lake Chamber and the Crystal Lake area to all businesses, press, related organizations and the general public in accordance with Chamber positions, policy and mission.
Is aware of Chamber and community needs and takes action when necessary to ensure a positive relationship exists between the Chamber, local businesses, local governments, and the community.
Provides insights, recommends actions and proposes strategies to the Board of Directors in dealing with internal and external affairs of the Chamber that are supportive of the Chamber’s mission.
Provides leadership and professional assistance to volunteer leaders in fulfilling their Chamber role.
Trains, coaches and empowers the staff to be effective leaders and decision makers.
Creates innovative solutions to challenges and opportunities within the Chamber and the community.
Ensures adequate levels of qualified, productive and customer oriented staff for the Chamber office.
Manages the financial performance so that membership recruitment and retention as well as activity meets or
Markets the Chamber to ensure enrollment, involvement and retention of new and existing members.
Maintains working relationship with elected and appointed officials of Crystal Lake and McHenry County. more info...